FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By afh928
So, as i said yesterday i repotted everything again into 50/50 peat/perlite mix... AND today it is like 60 degrees out. For the first time since i got my plants i have noticed some yellowish tint and a couple small traps are black. I removed the black ones and i am wondering if this is due to the shock of being repotted again? Does it have something to do with the sudden cool temp today? Plus it has been cloudy for like 2 weeks here. I get WAY worried about them, do you think they are dying or is it something that will pass? Is it too late in the season to grow a bunch or is the season really just getting started? I think my head is gonna explode lol, sorry.
By seth1161
i feel your pain about the worrying part :D :D and i think the lack of sun might be to blame... but the traps are going to die eventualy but new ones will grow back
By afh928
plus it is actually like 57 out right now, and the low is gonna be like 49...i am guessing this is normal for spring though, so i am not sure whether to bring them in or just leave them...i don't want to baby them too much.
By afh928
I am also thinking maybe the adjustment of the media (adding 50% perlite) plus the cooler temp today may be a bit of a shock too?

I also noticed the 2 traps on the plant i have had the longest, the 2 that ate rolly pollys and have been closed for like 2 weeks, have both finally started to go black just a bit. it seems all of a sudden i am noticing all these things today and i am hoping the plants are just freaked out from all the changes and will recover.

One more thing..my leaf clippings and my drosera binata are out in the 50 degree weather too...it should warm back up by tomorrow, should i worry about them or just leave everyone alone, let them recover, and hope for the best.

I have a fairly good feeling i may be overreacting a bit, so if thats the case, sorry lol.
By kevinqwe
im pretty sure that trap will turn brown and later die.
but i will send up another one :D
By afh928
10-4, i think they will be fine. They have been through some shock but i think i will leave them alone for a while and let nature do what it does. I have put all the right conditions forth, but i do think maybe i have been a bit TOO worried and paranoid at the slightest thing...i think itll turn out ok.

You can also buy the Gubler's LFSM at Lowe's, on[…]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Hello all, I am looking to rapidly expand my drose[…]

No, you'll need to come back in May to make a requ[…]

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!