FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Hedonista
I decided to go with Cook’s as he had all of my top 3 sarrs for $8-8.50 each. Going to place an order with Lee’s as well for a few other items.

Thanks for all the advice, everyone!
ChelleB1005 liked this
By andynorth
Hedonista wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:09 pm
andynorth wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:59 am Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.com?
They are out of my price range, unfortunately.
I actually questioned this shortly after signing up on this forum. Little did I know that If there are ANY plants I wish to purchase that are available at Flytrapstore.com, I will always buy from them. There are a few reasons but mainly because of the outstanding customer service. Back in November/December I purchased several of the Winter/Spring Sarracenia bundles. I think like 6 or 7 of the $20.00 deals. On top of that my wife bought an S. Nombile and an S. Cheruwa for my collection for Christmas. I had mentioned to Matt about my interests in acquiring the 3 species listed on the Endangered Species list. Well, the S. Nombile, S. Cheruwa and 2 of the ES's did not make it out of dormancy. I emailed Matt to let him know but not expecting anything, especially since all the others I had bought all survived. Well, Matt said if I covered postage he would be happy to send replacements to me. I told him no problem. He is shipping them out this week to me. This is the type of customer service that is almost unheard of these days and I will certainly purchase my plants from Matt and Leigh if they happen to have what I am looking for at the time. I had very bad experience with CPN, as have others. I had an entire collection of drosera just up and die on me for no reason at all. Water and media all were fine. I was basically told there was nothing they could do for me. Thank you Matt and Leigh for running such a great business.
Feeding fish food to CP’s?

Flightless fruit flies work great. All my plants I[…]

Hello!

Thank you Chef for looking out for us. :D :D :D

Question on soil

Non-ideal substrates can work out okay, particular[…]

jetfire245's Grow List

Grow list: Dionaea muscipula: SD Kronos King […]

Tap water

If your plant is about to go dry and you have no w[…]

Our Postal Workers Hard At It

The address controversy has been with the USPS bef[…]

Master Gardener Course

Anyone here ever done a master gardener certif[…]

If you have only done it once and you will be flus[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!