FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By seth1161
do i get dead sphagnum or live sphagnum where in the store do i get the living stuff what do i need to get if im guna get sphagnum moss???
By kevinqwe
i think you can get dead sphagnum and it will come alive again...
you dont need to get anythin if ur buying sphagnum.

also you dont need to make a new post everytime you have a question. you can us the same post. its easier to answer and it's easier for you to see the answer cause its all in one or 2 post. :|
By lemonlily
I'm guessing the dead stuff has a better price. But if you want it to be alive, put it in a plastic baggy, and a little water in it. Wait for about a month and it will be alive again.
By Budukai
yeah believe it or not that moss will come back from the dead, evidence with green specks all over the perlite and so on are in some of my pots. Preferibly you should use a 50/50 medium of perlite and peat moss, some people actually use sand in it as well. Here is a medium for sale from a memeber of this community Steve, Flytrap Ranch the shipping is included too :) it's a very good deal.

Also, try to keep all your questions in this post, that way we can answer all of your questions without being confused. :?
By NZL
Budukai wrote:evidence with green specks all over the perlite and so on are in some of my pots.
That's not necessarily sphagnum ;)
By Budukai
NZL wrote:
That's not necessarily sphagnum ;)
Actually, I think it is. I used the same medium for all the pots, but only two pots had flytraps that came with spaghum moss attached to their roots. I had buried the moss in the medium with the roots, now the moss is surfacing all green and what not. But, if you think its something else, what would that be? :|

You can also buy the Gubler's LFSM at Lowe's, on[…]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Hello all, I am looking to rapidly expand my drose[…]

No, you'll need to come back in May to make a requ[…]

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!