FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By cpgrower126
Hello,
I recently came across some nepenthes as well as some other carnivorous plants in a local nursery near my area. I purchased the healthiest one (tried to get a discount since they were in very rough shape, but was told they arrived the same day, I was very surprised, as many with no pitchers). However, I was running out of space in my indoor setup under artificial lights for the nepenthes. Would I be able to grow them outdoors? I live in California, Hardiness Zone 9b. If it helps, I believe the nepenthes is N. 'Miranda'. There was one pitcher left, with a red peristome, and the classic miranda speckles.

Thanks!
By optique
If you got them locally they will be the tougher variants. They should be fine as long as the nights time temps stay above 50F. (Miranda likes a lot of shade in the heat)

I even built a shade table for mine.
By cpgrower126
I’m going to move my Nepenthes outside after the temps are above 50 degrees, but I’m wondering how much humidity it will need outdoors. My other neps are on a windowsill or in a fish tank under growlights. Do I need to acclimate it to outdoors?

You can also buy the Gubler's LFSM at Lowe's, on[…]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Hello all, I am looking to rapidly expand my drose[…]

No, you'll need to come back in May to make a requ[…]

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!