FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By power270lb
Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootless. Used rooting hormone and lfsm. Should I leave covered in a plastic bag? Leave covered but remove bag for a period? Any suggestions id greatly appreciate. I have 6 nepenthes in total apologies but completely forgot the names. They're all growing vigorously one in particular has an 8 foot vine with 3 other vines growing as well and multiple basals with 5-6" pitchers.
By Panman
Bag them for a month, opening the bag every day or two to exchange the air. After a month start leaving the bag open a bit. If the leaves start to wilt, close it again and wait a couple of weeks before trying again.
By ChefDean
Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to monitor growth was to make a small loop out of twine. Drape that loop over the plant so that the last two leaves are through the middle of the loop. This way you'll know where your starting point was, and you can easily see if new leaves are growing or not.
Panman, ChelleB1005 liked this
By Panman
ChefDean wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:40 pm Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to monitor growth was to make a small loop out of twine. Drape that loop over the plant so that the last two leaves are through the middle of the loop. This way you'll know where your starting point was, and you can easily see if new leaves are growing or not.
That's a good idea.

That looks something like mineral burn. What subst[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

I'm just dipping my toes into the world of nepenth[…]

New to carnivorous plants!

I have two little pots (the ones they came from L[…]

Will go out in the mail tomorrow. :D

Very first mini-bog! :D

VFT nice catch

Those crane flies are a pain. Contrary to popular […]

Order received. Your order number is 1672. I'll PM[…]

Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!