FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By optique
been bringing stuff in all week. such a mess.
Panman liked this
By Intheswamp
Panman wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:38 pm Time to bring in the Nepenthes
I'm taking it that the night time temperatures is what is prompting the migration? Seems my ventrata cuttings/rootings(?) are just now "getting in the groove" with the lower temperatures.
By Panman
Yeah, my rule of thumb is night time temps below 55 I bring them in. They probably would do okay with a drop like that for one night, but moving them will already be stressful on them and I don't want to set them back any further.
By Intheswamp
It looks like down here in lower Alabama Saturday and Sunday night the temperatures will drop into the mid-40F's...but, then it bounces back up into the 50F's Monday night and on into the lower 60's afterwards... :?:

Ah, well, it's a single pot so I might just bring it inside for a couple of nights and then set it back out. I know moving them inside and back outside isn't the best for them but they're really growing better since the temperature has dropped outside. :?
specialkayme liked this
By specialkayme
Yeah, I've been watching the temps these past few weeks. Every day going "almost . . ."

Looks like this weekend will be it though.
By ChefDean
Panman wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:53 pm Yeah, my rule of thumb is night time temps below 55 I bring them in. They probably would do okay with a drop like that for one night, but moving them will already be stressful on them and I don't want to set them back any further.
specialkayme wrote:Yeah, I've been watching the temps these past few weeks. Every day going "almost . . ."

Looks like this weekend will be it though.
I hear you. My temps have been great, but a front moves in tonight, dropping temps to the high 40's. The next two weeks only see a couple nights in the 50's, so time to hang them in the kitchen window.
By andynorth
Expecting sun and low 70's, in Seattle. Next few days should be nice. The 2 Neps I have are already inside.

So when should I bring in Sundews, VFT's and Sarrs? Most were just re potted a couple weeks ago due to squirrels.
By wcrosman
frost warning tonight on the northern front range of colo.
VFTs will be going more dormant than they already are: larger upper traps have been going black for a couple of weeks now.
By ChefDean
andynorth wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:45 pmSo when should I bring in Sundews, VFT's and Sarrs? Most were just re potted a couple weeks ago due to squirrels.
Right about the first frost is about the time I suggest. Then find a cool, dark place for them until spring.
andynorth liked this
By wcrosman
No frost here last night
By Intheswamp
The harbinger of the cold front passed through last night coming back from a ballgame on some *very* rural roads. It was a widespread and very fine mist of a rain. It must have lasted a couple of hours yet only put probably an inch of water in my buckets sitting under the roof overhang. Temperature got down to 61F and is currently sitting at 67F at 9:30am CST. Forecast for tonight is a low of 44F. It is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL DAY...some white stretched out clouds floating around, a beautiful blue sky, breezy, cool...seriously, it don't get much better than this!!!! :D

Panman, the goldenrod down here has been blooming for a couple of weeks now...wild aster, too. The honey bees last chance at stashing food for the winter...the goldenrod makes the hives smell kinda like old socks, but the honey is great...it's stronger tasting than some people like, but I like it. I need to pick up a couple of quarts of fresh honey...I've still got bees, but I don't work them anymore...I just let them..."bee". :lol:
andynorth liked this

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Thanks all. The only place I didn’t think […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!