FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
It looks like I've been too successful selling my extra B52 flytraps. Etsy contacted me to tell me they have taking down my listing because it is against their policies to list items that are on the Cites list. Well, this is news to me and I'm sure to all.of the people who haven't had their listings taken down. Oh well easy come, easy go.
By Carnies
Panman wrote:It looks like I've been too successful selling my extra B52 flytraps. Etsy contacted me to tell me they have taking down my listing because it is against their policies to list items that are on the Cites list. Well, this is news to me and I'm sure to all.of the people who haven't had their listings taken down. Oh well easy come, easy go.
Same here, they took down my rubra v. rubra listing.
By NightRaider
Saw the same thing reported on FB earlier regarding Nepenthes, but weirdly their VFT postings hadn't been taken down at that time.
Carnies wrote:Same here, they took down my rubra v. rubra listing.
I literally was just about to add "Shame, especially for people like @Carnies" before I refreshed lol

Probably unlikely, but still really hope eBay doesn't take a note from this.
Apollyon liked this
By optique
Wow ETSY has been like the wild west. All my outlawed floating plants came via ETSY because it was the only place i could get them shipped to me.
By Apollyon
Same, I just read about this with another guy on fb getting his Neps shut down. I was just about to start listing products man, I would've been so mad. eBay is an option but they just have a seedier base when it comes to returns. I wouldn't put up anything I'm not willing to lose :/
By TrapsAndDews
I'm a little confused. How is it legal for nurseries to sell their flytraps and other CPs, but Panman isn't allowed to sell his on Etsy?
By Apollyon
It's stupid because I'll bet those overpriced philodendrons being tc'd/ imported from thailand are going to stay on no trouble.
By Sundews69
Apollyon wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:41 pm It's stupid because I'll bet those overpriced philodendrons being tc'd/ imported from thailand are going to stay on no trouble.
Yup, a little bit ago when I was in an aroid phase, Someone sold, like, 20 medium sized Anthurium warocqueanums for $150 a piece. They were all gone in a week and a half. He was still able to relist them again with a new batch.
By Panman
The weird thing is that they didn't take down my other listings, they just took the one down, the best performing one I might add, and told me not to relist it.
By Camden
Sundews69 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:47 pm
Apollyon wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:41 pm It's stupid because I'll bet those overpriced philodendrons being tc'd/ imported from thailand are going to stay on no trouble.
Yup, a little bit ago when I was in an aroid phase, Someone sold, like, 20 medium sized Anthurium warocqueanums for $150 a piece. They were all gone in a week and a half. He was still able to relist them again with a new batch.
You know, I never really got the appeal of aroids.
By Sundews69
Yeah, wasn't into 'em long. I think I just wanted to branch out to other plants and I thought the ones with huge leaves were cool. I also thought "Well, they can't be harder than CPs, right?". They're worse. You're constantly paranoid about rot and you need SO MUCH AIRFLOW (which is really hard to get when they also need super high humidity. They need a very airy soil mix and they are toxic to cats so I can't even grow them on just a shelf.
By Apollyon
Those houseplant people are nutty. "One node cutting half a leaf$500. SOLD" then they race to try to get it going to sell themselves. it's like chasing the stock market :lol:

I have a few aroids and I agree. You're spending more time tripping about the plant than watching it grow. Aroids do pretty good here so I just keep them on the patio.
Sundews69 liked this
By Sundews69
I know! It's insane how quick those Monstera "Thai Constellation"s (and other rare houseplants) sell! Like the instant you put one up for sale at an absurd price for an unrooted cutting (with a single node!) it's just gone! "Monstera "Thai Constellation" $1500 SOLD" (But to be fair, they could probably say the same thing about us and our tiny eddies and villosas going for $500+ for a plant the size of (or smaller than) a dime). What types of aroids do you grow?

IMG_4327.jpeg This is the pot in question.

sase sent again thank you Sent from my SM-S918U u[…]

What variety is that?

Boy this is hard work

What's the going rate for plants in your area?

My biggest Sarracenia

I checked up on my plants today and noticed this t[…]

I'm kinda late to the party, but if you have a Tra[…]

Hi from FNQ.

Welcome Andrew what's been your favorite CP to gro[…]

howdy!

What's up guys! I've grown VFT for 3 years now. I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!