FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Bluefire
At least those Eddies and villosas are small plants in their own right, with their own roots and everything. Or at least, if they're $500. I don't know about you but spending that kind of money on a tiny bit of stem seems a bit too extreme, even if you were willing to do it for a little Eddie (for the record, I wouldn't).
Sundews69 liked this
By hollyhock
Panman wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:49 pm The weird thing is that they didn't take down my other listings, they just took the one down, the best performing one I might add, and told me not to relist it.
Protected species. Vfts are on the cites list. Have to have that permit to even import them from overseas vendors. Cites permit cost me $80 a few years ago
By Sundews69
Bluefire wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:37 pm
Camden M wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:23 am Just imagine if one of those unrooted cuttings didn’t take. :?
Knowing my success rate with cuttings... Yikes.
I know, I always forget about my cuttings so they either dry out (if on soil) or I forget to change the water and they rot (if in a glass with water).
Apollyon liked this
By Bluefire
Sundews69 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:09 pm
Bluefire wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:37 pm
Camden M wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:23 am Just imagine if one of those unrooted cuttings didn’t take. :?
Knowing my success rate with cuttings... Yikes.
I know, I always forget about my cuttings so they either dry out (if on soil) or I forget to change the water and they rot (if in a glass with water).
Even if I don't forget about them something has to go wrong. One time it was fungus gnat larvae... The sundews ate well that time.
Sundews69 liked this
By Apollyon
Sundews69 wrote:I know! It's insane how quick those Monstera "Thai Constellation"s (and other rare houseplants) sell! Like the instant you put one up for sale at an absurd price for an unrooted cutting (with a single node!) it's just gone! "Monstera "Thai Constellation" $1500 SOLD" (But to be fair, they could probably say the same thing about us and our tiny eddies and villosas going for $500+ for a plant the size of (or smaller than) a dime). What types of aroids do you grow?
Yeah the TC bandwagon is dropping flasked clones of that plant on fb every day. I can't fault them :lol:

I have Melanochrysum, PPP, P. White Knight and Verrocosum. That verrocosum got blown out from 250 to 30 bucks which is whats going to happen with that Thai plant. Honestly the two similar plants are flowering size, maybe I'll cross them and call them "Virgin Mary" and tell them the splash looks biblical.
Sundews69 liked this
By Sundews69
Apollyon wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:15 pm
Sundews69 wrote:I know! It's insane how quick those Monstera "Thai Constellation"s (and other rare houseplants) sell! Like the instant you put one up for sale at an absurd price for an unrooted cutting (with a single node!) it's just gone! "Monstera "Thai Constellation" $1500 SOLD" (But to be fair, they could probably say the same thing about us and our tiny eddies and villosas going for $500+ for a plant the size of (or smaller than) a dime). What types of aroids do you grow?
Yeah the TC bandwagon is dropping flasked clones of that plant on fb every day. I can't fault them :lol:

I have Melanochrysum, PPP, P. White Knight and Verrocosum. That verrocosum got blown out from 250 to 30 bucks which is whats going to happen with that Thai plant. Honestly the two similar plants are flowering size, maybe I'll cross them and call them "Virgin Mary" and tell them the splash looks biblical.
Those are all really nice plants you've got! Yeah, I hope that happens to Thai. I would love to get one (or really any Philodendron, Monstera, or Anthurium).
By NightRaider
Sundews69 wrote:Those are all really nice plants you've got! Yeah, I hope that happens to Thai. I would love to get one (or really any Philodendron, Monstera, or Anthurium).
I've needed something large-leafed like an Anthurium or Philo to finish up a dart frog build, but with their pricing being what it is I ended up settling on an Alocasia 'Black Velvet' literally just this morning to scratch that itch. It helped that there were plenty of varieties going for around $15 on the Etsy store I got it (and a couple neps last year) from.
Sundews69 liked this
By Sundews69
Yeah, Alocasias are usually on the cheaper side and easier to find. Anthurium forgetii, clarinervium, and crystallinum are some pretty cheap ones that get big overtime but stay pretty small for a while.

It's kinda funny how this thread went from Panman talking about his success on selling B52s and Etsy hating it to us talking about the best aroids for poison dart frog terrariums/vivariums/builds.
NightRaider, Camden liked this
By Bluefire
Sundews69 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:45 pm It's kinda funny how this thread went from Panman talking about his success on selling B52s and Etsy hating it to us talking about the best aroids for poison dart frog terrariums/vivariums/builds.
That's the magic of the internet + human conversation. Easy to change the topic wildly with just a few back-and-forths.
Sundews69 liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!