FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
One of my crosses decided to allow a flower stalk to fold over in the wind. It stayed green for a while, but I could tell it wouldn't be long before it dried up prematurely. I gave it until the pod began to split, which was today, then I harvested it.
It appears to have viable seeds, enough for a giveaway and for some to go into the seed bank. As such, I'd like to give away two packs of about 20 seeds each of S. (leuco x oreo) x (oreo x leuco).
Fresh, harvested 26 August, 2023.
I'll cover postage in a #10 envelope and bubble wrap taco. If you win and want them in a box, we'll discuss.
Open to all members, including international. (international goes in an envelope only)
These seeds are from my own plants, not the seed bank. Winning or participating does not affect your ability to request from the seed bank.
Winners will be the first two people who can tell me (only answer one)...
1. What is the name of the assassin in Austin Powers who wears a Fez, and must tell the truth if asked a question three times?
2. Also in Austin Powers, what offshoot of a well known charitable organization did Frau Farbissina start?
You only need to answer one to win, do not answer them both. If one gets answered correctly, then only the other remains a valid opportunity to answer and win.
Aaaaand go!
Panman liked this
By ChefDean
Intheswamp wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:18 pm Who’s Austin Powers? Apparently not a politician if he ever tells the truth!
Oh, behave! He put the grrr in swinger baby! Just don't mess with his mojo.
andynorth, Intheswamp liked this
By ChefDean
andynorth wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:29 pm 1. What is the name of the assassin in Austin Powers who wears a Fez, and must tell the truth if asked a question three times?

Mustafa
Correct.
Shoot me your address.
By ChefDean
Shadowtski wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:16 am Frau Farbissina is responsible for starting the "militant wing of the Salvation Army."
Can I pass the seeds on to Intheswamp if I'm correct?
You are correct, and yes you can. I even have his address already, so I don't have to ask him for it. Very generous of you. He'll be so surprised!
Intheswamp, don't read the previous paragraph.
By Intheswamp
Wow!!! Thank you, Shadowtski! Now just how cool is that!!! I'm still googling Austin Powers...he's definitely not Bonzo, nor long-nosed Gonzo. I think it might be this guy with a round face and frozen grin. The heat exposure is slowly dissipating...it has kinda reminded me of a century ago when us kids would spin and spin the merry-go-round on the playground at school until someone would fall off and either break an arm or bust a couple of teeth out...the rest of us would just stagger around giggling or throwing up. More research required...
andynorth liked this
By Intheswamp
Update: I planted, I think, a dozen seeds on, I think, 11/10/2023. I now have one sprout…hoping for more!!! :D We’ve had some up and down temperatures which I think may have affected germination.

I think I’m sitting in the parking lot of Hobby Lobby In Montgomery Alabama playing with my cellphone while I think I’m waiting on my wife for her to look at all the Christmas stuff, the what-nots and thingamajigs, and the ribbons.

I’m a thinking man! :mrgreen:
By ChefDean
Intheswamp wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:39 pmI think I’m sitting in the parking lot of Hobby Lobby In Montgomery Alabama playing with my cellphone while I think I’m waiting on my wife for her to look at all the Christmas stuff, the what-nots and thingamajigs, and the ribbons.

I’m a thinking man! :mrgreen:
You're out in the car while your wife is in a trinket store unsupervised? I'm thinkin' that you're a brave man.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!