FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By dizzle
We had quite heavy cloud cover but it was still visible. I live in the path of totality.

Hedonista liked this
By DragonsEye
Yeah, that say I was a bit disappointed. We had 99.2% totality in my area, but typical Michigan skies. It was hazy instead of clear in my area so didn’t help. But I could definitely see how if I had taken the time down to be where I could have observed the totality. It would’ve been much more impressive. Even with that little less than one percent of the sun disc exposed the amount of light glare was still really impressive, but also disappointing because it ruined the show. It did get dimmer outside, but it was still bright enough so that seeing any stars or such while it was happening wasn’t possible.
By oval
There was a nice clear sky here in central Florida, but it didn't get perceptibly darker. The only clue that there was an eclipse was a little crescent on my pinhole doohicky. I will have to wait for the one in 2045.
By Intheswamp
The box did pretty good. It projected a bright disk with sharp edges onto the sheet of paper. It definitely showed you where the moon was. I road over to the co-op to get some seed peas during the eclipse period and one of the co-op ladies and a customer had just finished looking through some glasses. She'd offered them to me. They weren't floppin' around on the ground in agonizing pain and holding there eyes or anything, so I figured they were safe glasses. It was cool, well, probably really hot, but cool to look at. But, my experience during the peak of the eclipse was quiet different from evenwind's. Right at the very peak of the eclipse it was really eerie and creepy, but being inside Walmart makes you feel that way anyhow.
evenwind, Hedonista liked this
By Adelae
evenwind wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:05 pm OK, stood out there with my colander. Amazing how few of the neighbors were around. Gotta say the whole thing was a bit disappointing, given all the hype. Or maybe because we only had 92% coverage. But no flocks of confused birds, no freaking out feral cats, no howling dogs, no four horseman. Well, to be fair, I did see a bagpiper, an accordion player, a banjo player and a bongo player (the four Musicians of the Apocalypse) but that's hardly the same thing, is it?
It's really amazing how little sun you need to make it day. It was just really weird-looking twilight lighting right up until the last 30 seconds or so before totality for us. The "most awesome thing I've ever seen" part comes in when the sun is covered all the way.

Order received. Your order number is 1651. I'll PM[…]

if nobodys said it yet ive found a pressure spraye[…]

1 year old cape!

I would really be interested in getting some see[…]

Lee’s Botanical Gardens has some drosera for[…]

Better-Gro LFSM

I show Lowes carrying both, although I had not s[…]

Rosemary Oil Miticide

The Rasta Bob's link doesn't work. I may have to […]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!