FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By blessed
Hi everyone. I hate to be that new person asking the silly questions. I actually did a lot of research before I bought my few plants, but when I wet the dry moss, it was soaking wet and the plants sat in it for at least 5 days. I also had the bulbs too close to the plants and burnt them a little. They have been with me for about a month. Maybe the water tray is too big?

I trimmed all the leaves off my Cape Sundew (not sure if I should have done that), but it is doing better. I killed one out of my 6 spoon leaf sundews, but the others are perking up well. They have babies now I guess? My flytrap is the one I am really confused about. I checked a few days ago and the roots didn't seem to be rotting.

I have them under 3x 10w SANSI LED grow lights and one 24w 2ft Barrina LED grow light. The lights are now on about 12 hours a day. They liked when I added the 2ft grow light two weeks ago. I now let the moss almost completely dry out then put a little under an inch of water in the tray.

Do you think there is anything I can do for this flytrap? The traps seem like they don't want to open all the way now, and some closed and reopened a little. It had more traps, but I thought cutting off the unhealthy ones might help, so they are gone.

I appreciate any help in advanced. I have been reading the forums for a couple of weeks.
Attachments:
IMG_0668.jpeg
IMG_0668.jpeg (3.11 MiB) Viewed 1697 times
IMG_0667.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 1697 times
IMG_0665.jpeg
IMG_0665.jpeg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 1697 times
By optique
As long as you have good conditions they will recover. This is a deathcube that burned in the sun and the same plant 3 years later. Also i would not put LFSM in water treys, only peat/perlite.

ImageImage

this video will put you on a good path.
Savethetrees4life liked this
By optique
I keep my flytraps in 6in+ pots. I feel they like a tall pot to have a lot of root room above water. With your plants already stressed and also still small re pot when they are dormant this winter.
Sundew in forest

Why D. capillaris? D. brevifolia is the sundew sp[…]

Oh, that is a solid size. Wonder what it'll look l[…]

Succulents Question

Hello beautiful people! I have a quick question. O[…]

Welp I lost the original post. :shock: Anyhoo I […]

I said the cuttings some of them just kind of die.[…]

I recieved my seeds, yay! Thank you, ChefDean Sen[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

Oo, very nice. That right one is particularly nice[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!