FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By blessed
Hi everyone. I hate to be that new person asking the silly questions. I actually did a lot of research before I bought my few plants, but when I wet the dry moss, it was soaking wet and the plants sat in it for at least 5 days. I also had the bulbs too close to the plants and burnt them a little. They have been with me for about a month. Maybe the water tray is too big?

I trimmed all the leaves off my Cape Sundew (not sure if I should have done that), but it is doing better. I killed one out of my 6 spoon leaf sundews, but the others are perking up well. They have babies now I guess? My flytrap is the one I am really confused about. I checked a few days ago and the roots didn't seem to be rotting.

I have them under 3x 10w SANSI LED grow lights and one 24w 2ft Barrina LED grow light. The lights are now on about 12 hours a day. They liked when I added the 2ft grow light two weeks ago. I now let the moss almost completely dry out then put a little under an inch of water in the tray.

Do you think there is anything I can do for this flytrap? The traps seem like they don't want to open all the way now, and some closed and reopened a little. It had more traps, but I thought cutting off the unhealthy ones might help, so they are gone.

I appreciate any help in advanced. I have been reading the forums for a couple of weeks.
Attachments:
IMG_0668.jpeg
IMG_0668.jpeg (3.11 MiB) Viewed 1627 times
IMG_0667.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 1627 times
IMG_0665.jpeg
IMG_0665.jpeg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 1627 times
By optique
As long as you have good conditions they will recover. This is a deathcube that burned in the sun and the same plant 3 years later. Also i would not put LFSM in water treys, only peat/perlite.

ImageImage

this video will put you on a good path.
Savethetrees4life liked this
By optique
I keep my flytraps in 6in+ pots. I feel they like a tall pot to have a lot of root room above water. With your plants already stressed and also still small re pot when they are dormant this winter.

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!