FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By optique
some nice photo's have been posted of the rocket farms fly traps sold by Walmart. I could not find any at my local store so i went to the website and sadly this is what i received in the mail.

By thepitchergrower
optique wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:19 pm some nice photo's have been posted of the rocket farms fly traps sold by Walmart. I could not find any at my local store so i went to the website and sadly this is what i received in the mail.

:shock: Could you ask for a refund?
By Intheswamp
I had to make a trip to Dothan, AL today...stopped by Home Depot and found some traps and some "two-fers" (pitcher plant and flytrap combo). They had them against a wall, in a corner behind a broom and dustpan (ones that they use) and a box of "something". There was nothing in the "two-fers" boxes but packs of peat moss and dried husks of rhizomes or whatever. The traps, well a few of them, actually had some green to them. The two flats were soggy, probably somebody turned a water hose on them to help them out.

Next I stopped at Wallyworld in Troy, AL. To my big surprise they actually had some fair (relative speaking) flytraps there. I mean, nothing B52-looking, but they actually had open traps on them and some of them were even upright!!! I exerted extreme self-control and left without any. :D
By Sundews69
Can you only find rocket farms flytraps at walmart?
By NightRaider
Sundews69 wrote:Can you only find rocket farms flytraps at walmart?
Not necessarily. I've seen them before at a local nursery, but I'm not sure which if any other major chains carry them instead of the cubes.
By Sundews69
NightRaider wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:02 am
Sundews69 wrote:Can you only find rocket farms flytraps at walmart?
Not necessarily. I've seen them before at a local nursery, but I'm not sure which if any other major chains carry them instead of the cubes.
ok, thanks!
By Gary
Yep, they do. I bought a container that had a nice upright VFT in the center and it was surrounded by 6 babies. Seven for the price of one!
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!