FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By optique
some nice photo's have been posted of the rocket farms fly traps sold by Walmart. I could not find any at my local store so i went to the website and sadly this is what i received in the mail.

By thepitchergrower
optique wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:19 pm some nice photo's have been posted of the rocket farms fly traps sold by Walmart. I could not find any at my local store so i went to the website and sadly this is what i received in the mail.

:shock: Could you ask for a refund?
By Intheswamp
I had to make a trip to Dothan, AL today...stopped by Home Depot and found some traps and some "two-fers" (pitcher plant and flytrap combo). They had them against a wall, in a corner behind a broom and dustpan (ones that they use) and a box of "something". There was nothing in the "two-fers" boxes but packs of peat moss and dried husks of rhizomes or whatever. The traps, well a few of them, actually had some green to them. The two flats were soggy, probably somebody turned a water hose on them to help them out.

Next I stopped at Wallyworld in Troy, AL. To my big surprise they actually had some fair (relative speaking) flytraps there. I mean, nothing B52-looking, but they actually had open traps on them and some of them were even upright!!! I exerted extreme self-control and left without any. :D
By Sundews69
Can you only find rocket farms flytraps at walmart?
By NightRaider
Sundews69 wrote:Can you only find rocket farms flytraps at walmart?
Not necessarily. I've seen them before at a local nursery, but I'm not sure which if any other major chains carry them instead of the cubes.
By Sundews69
NightRaider wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:02 am
Sundews69 wrote:Can you only find rocket farms flytraps at walmart?
Not necessarily. I've seen them before at a local nursery, but I'm not sure which if any other major chains carry them instead of the cubes.
ok, thanks!
By Gary
Yep, they do. I bought a container that had a nice upright VFT in the center and it was surrounded by 6 babies. Seven for the price of one!

well thank you i saw that on your front so i thoug[…]

hi: im feedmesemore

Welcome to the forum!

How cold is too cold

Thanks! They will stay outside from now on.

Hello from New England

Welcome to the forum!

Oddly shaped Sarr

Definitely looks like thrip damage, and they are v[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

Thanks, y’all!

Anyone find anything exceptional/underwhelming or […]

Sure, the more the merrier! Just remember to add t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!