FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By riveraXVX
decided after bouncing ideas around...wanted to add a 10 gallon aquarium into our growing mix with the ol $1 per gallon sale at petco... so now we have it, what the heck should we do with it?!

indoors we have drosera germination/seedlings going on, a couple cephs , a couple small N. x ventratas, a ping and some pullings, and various smaller drosera, as well as a few types of live sphagnum moss.

down the road I'd love to do a planted ceph tank with the kid like I found elsewhere on the interwebs, but for the time being, hmmm

ideas? suggestions? links to your own 10 gallon tank builds? (I searched the forums a number of different ways and looked at a ton)

not looking for anything crazy expensive (not looking to build a highlands tank or anything that needs cooling taken care of for example) but what do you think might be a fun setup to get going with a kid?
By KategoricalKarnivore
Live sphag grows well in tanks.
By Fly Trap Hunter
$10 is a yard sale price! better if new! :lol: I decided yesterday to get an aquarium also, but I'm starting Sarracenia in mine. I cant figure out a way to keep them stable if they have to be moved. So I figured a terrarium is the way to go. And I have 3 types of seeds now. :)

I got some nice pieces of driftwood to spare if interested and want to see a picture. :lol: id imagine a big quartz rock would be ok in there also. I think you need 1 of Rachel8T4s bog monsters!
:D

oh I got some air fern and some regular short live moss that you can have also, not lfsm.
Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

Oo, very nice. That right one is particularly nice[…]

She definitely needs to go outside, yes. Keep her […]

FB_IMG_1714215761115.jpg This is the first one I[…]

Rain

Got your buckets ready!??? ;) Yes!. 30 gall[…]

Long time ago this nepenthes began flowering and w[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!