FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By riveraXVX
decided after bouncing ideas around...wanted to add a 10 gallon aquarium into our growing mix with the ol $1 per gallon sale at petco... so now we have it, what the heck should we do with it?!

indoors we have drosera germination/seedlings going on, a couple cephs , a couple small N. x ventratas, a ping and some pullings, and various smaller drosera, as well as a few types of live sphagnum moss.

down the road I'd love to do a planted ceph tank with the kid like I found elsewhere on the interwebs, but for the time being, hmmm

ideas? suggestions? links to your own 10 gallon tank builds? (I searched the forums a number of different ways and looked at a ton)

not looking for anything crazy expensive (not looking to build a highlands tank or anything that needs cooling taken care of for example) but what do you think might be a fun setup to get going with a kid?
By KategoricalKarnivore
Live sphag grows well in tanks.
By Fly Trap Hunter
$10 is a yard sale price! better if new! :lol: I decided yesterday to get an aquarium also, but I'm starting Sarracenia in mine. I cant figure out a way to keep them stable if they have to be moved. So I figured a terrarium is the way to go. And I have 3 types of seeds now. :)

I got some nice pieces of driftwood to spare if interested and want to see a picture. :lol: id imagine a big quartz rock would be ok in there also. I think you need 1 of Rachel8T4s bog monsters!
:D

oh I got some air fern and some regular short live moss that you can have also, not lfsm.

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!