S l X fvr.jpg
S l X fvr.jpg (132.29 KiB) Viewed 1644 times
S l X fvr - tops.jpg
S l X fvr - tops.jpg (187.12 KiB) Viewed 1644 times

Sarracenia oreophila var. ornata x flava 'Kimber'
S ovo X f.jpg
S ovo X f.jpg (145.95 KiB) Viewed 1644 times
By andynorth
When I grow up I want to have more plants than MikeB. Color me jealous. You have an AWESOME collection and I find myself going through your list often as it seems I see something different every time. Thanks for sharing.
By MikeB
andynorth wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:56 pm When I grow up I want to have more plants than MikeB. Color me jealous. You have an AWESOME collection and I find myself going through your list often as it seems I see something different every time. Thanks for sharing.
As my wallet can attest, I do far too much prowling around on eBay. When I see something that I really like, and the price is low, it's very hard to say "no".

If you want to see Sarracenia envy, check out Mike Wang's massive collection. If only I could win the lottery, quit my job, and buy a few acres of land....
By andynorth
MikeB wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:35 am
andynorth wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:56 pm When I grow up I want to have more plants than MikeB. Color me jealous. You have an AWESOME collection and I find myself going through your list often as it seems I see something different every time. Thanks for sharing.
As my wallet can attest, I do far too much prowling around on eBay. When I see something that I really like, and the price is low, it's very hard to say "no".
Funny, I have been having the same issue lately. I ha won a couple of auctions on eBay tat were from the same seller. So, rather than pay more for shipping I will scout out any "Buy It Now" deals from same seller and buy enough to make it worth paying the shipping charges. My last 2 that I did I ended up with 8 Sars of which I traded off 4 of them. Second time I ended up with 6 more Sars and a couple of Drosera. I will take a look at Mike Wang's list but then I will most likely be even more jealous.
By MikeB
New additions

Pitcher plant

Sarracenia purpurea ssp. venosa forma pallidiforma (2 little freebies)

Sarracenia x moorei : leucophylla - Baldwin County, Alabama x flava var. atropurpurea ‘Waccamaw’
(seller's pic)
S x moorei.jpg
S x moorei.jpg (72.74 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
andynorth liked this
By MikeB
New addition

Venus flytraps
La Grosse a Gui Gui
Kray liked this
By andynorth
MikeB wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:35 am

If you want to see Sarracenia envy, check out Mike Wang's massive collection. If only I could win the lottery, quit my job, and buy a few acres of land....
So I finally got a chance to take a look at Mike Wang's site. You are right, he has quite the collection there. Do you purchase from him often? Your link to the sale at Sarracenia Northwest has me eyeballing several more but Mike Wang appears to have a little of everything. My next major purchase is going to be one of the red or purple Cobra Lily. I currently have a green one and would love to have a red one at Christmas time. I am going to put it in with the green one I currently have and decorate for the season (as long as I can convince my budget I really need it).
By MikeB
andynorth wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:17 am So I finally got a chance to take a look at Mike Wang's site. You are right, he has quite the collection there. Do you purchase from him often?
I discovered Mike Wang's site back in 2014 and purchased "The Beast" from him:
S flava var rubricorpora 1.jpg
S flava var rubricorpora 1.jpg (281.66 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
S flava var rubricorpora 2.jpg
S flava var rubricorpora 2.jpg (247.66 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
S flava var rubricorpora 3.jpg
S flava var rubricorpora 3.jpg (131.41 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
This is still my favorite plant. Since then, I've purchased multiple plants from Mike and never been disappointed with anything I received.
By andynorth
MikeB wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:44 am
andynorth wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:17 am
I discovered Mike Wang's site back in 2014 and purchased "The Beast" from him:
S flava var rubricorpora 1.jpg
S flava var rubricorpora 2.jpg
S flava var rubricorpora 3.jpg
This is still my favorite plant. Since then, I've purchased multiple plants from Mike and never been disappointed with anything I received.
That is a beautiful plant. So 9 years old or so? I am hopeful I will be around another 9 years to see how my plants are!!! I can't seem to get my son to garner up any interest in them and I am not sure what will come of my plants once I am gone. I guess maybe I will try to find a local group to hand them off to.
By MikeB
Panman wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:33 pm Is that an atropurpurea. That is the next flava variety on my list after I got that gorgeous rubricorpa from you.
Believe it or not, it's that gorgeous rubricorpora you got from me.

I have 2 atropurpurea's now, both from a massive plant with 10 crowns. It developed rhizome rot during the winter, and these were the only survivors. :( I keep looking at the 'Waccamaw' cultivars for sale, but I can't bring myself to shell out $200-300 for one.
By Panman
That may be it, but if I'm going to drop that amount of money on a plant, I'm going to get it from Mike Wang or someone with a sterling reputation.
MikeB liked this
By andynorth
Panman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:50 pm That may be it, but if I'm going to drop that amount of money on a plant, I'm going to get it from Mike Wang or someone with a sterling reputation.
I totally agree. These seeds just arrived today. https://www.ebay.com/itm/115965602670
I purchased based on recommendation from MikeB. It is my understanding that this guys seeds are known worldwide. I guess I will find out. It seems he only sells seeds. I found this mix to have more of what I was looking for. Without knowing anything about Waccamaw, it appears there are a few different species in this mix. :D :D
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!