FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Eric
allenc666 wrote:
lemonlily wrote: why would they visit our planet? huh? just to enjoy watching us kill one another?
allen,
May be they came to see flytraps. :D
By Steve_D
OK, here is one of my two UFO stories

I grew up in the rain forest of northeastern Peru, perhaps 30 miles from Pucallpa on the Ucayali river, a major tributary of the Amazon. Our night sky was intensely dark and clear because of a lack of artificial light and man-made smog. We were used to seeing satellites pass overhead at night, but no airplanes because we were not in any of their flight paths.

One night shortly after sunset I was outside and thought I saw a satellite. I watched as it moved slowly and in a straight line from low in the east toward the middle of the sky overhead. After a few seconds it shifted instantaneously to the right (my right) about the distance of the apparent diameter of the moon (which wasn't shining that very dark night). I was puzzled and thought that I didn't really see what I thought I saw. Then it shifted instantly back to the left, but otherwise continued in what seemed to be a straight line.

I watched it cross the sky, shifting left and right, until it was about 45 degrees above the horizon in the southwest. Then it stopped; just literally stopped moving and stayed motionless. I didn't know what to think. After a few seconds it flashed a brilliant white-blue, a huge flash many times wider than its diameter, then faded to black. Then after a second or two it began to glow again, but in a pulsating way.

Suddenly I noticed another apparently satellite sized object moving from the northwest, toward the first object I had seen. It neared the first object then stopped its forward motion although it continued to move a little from side to side, forward and backward, etc. Another object, then two more, and finally a fifth object came from different parts of the sky and stopped near the first, moving in small ways around and near it.

The first object pulsated for perhaps 20 seconds, then regained a steady glow. The other objects retreated and moved in different directions, fairly rapidly until they were out of sight. The first object then began to move again, in a straight line until it vanished over the horizon.

-Steve
By lemonlily
Eric, I didn't say that. The quote thing is busted. Ally was the one who said my quote. Anyways, I think it'd be cool to visit other planets. It's the same as why do we want to go to the moon?
By Matt
Steve_D wrote:OK, here is one of my two UFO stories
Awesome story Steve. I love hearing stories that can't be explained. Have you tried to think of a rational explanation? If so, did you come up with anything? I'll be waiting for your other story!
By Steve_D
Matt wrote:Have you tried to think of a rational explanation? If so, did you come up with anything? I'll be waiting for your other story!
I have never been able to think of a good explanation for what I saw. I can't imagine what kind of aircraft they might have been in the early 1960s, flying over the jungle, and if they were much further up where the atmosphere becomes thin or out of the atmosphere completely, then I can't imagine how they were controlled, because humans had only just begun to launch into space at that time, with the first manned (but not maneuverable to any extent) space flight by Russian Yuri Gagarin on April 12, 1961 (I just looked it up at WikiPedia).

So your guess is as good as mine.
By grant
Steven Greer says that they communicate telepathically. And that we can too with them. I have kind of been trying it recently. Maybe they came to give me a visit...

I think they were giving you a show, Steve ;)
By Nickrober
grant wrote:Steven Greer says that they communicate telepathically. And that we can too with them. I have kind of been trying it recently.
What'd they say?
By Steve_D
grant wrote:I think they were giving you a show, Steve ;)
To my young mind, I thought that the first one was in trouble and the others came to help it or make sure it was OK.
By grant
Steve - I'm curious to hear what your other story is.
By Steve_D
The second of my two UFO stories

When my family moved from Peru back to the United States, in the early 60s when I was 12 years old or so, we settled in my mother's home state of Mississippi. I was very confused by American society but tried to fit in. I didn't like football and didn't understand why American schools placed so much emphasis on the sport and on "school spirit," but I decided to go to a school football game just to see what it was about. Instead of one of the blue ribbons that had the school's mascot--an owl--printed on it along with a slogan to support the team, I decided to go the extra yard, demonstrate just how much school spirit I had although a newcomer, and made my own little badge to pin on my shirt for the game, composed of a piece of white cardboard cut out and marked up like a football, with an origami owl I made myself, glued to a blue circle in the center (blue and white were the school colors).

The day of the game my mother drove me to and dropped me off at the stadium in this medium sized town next to a tall levee keeping out the waters of a flooding Mississippi River. She would pick me up after the game was over. My homemade school-spirit pin drew some odd stares. When something apparently good happened in the confusion down on the playing field, my schoolmates would yell loudly. It took me a while--and a few more odd stares--to realize that my copycat loud vocalization was somehow wrong, that the other kids were actually saying a word or two instead of just making a loud noise in their throat like I was doing.

The game proceeded, I continued to be confused and subjected to odd stares, and it thankfully eventually ended. The stadium emptied as crowds of people drove off. My mother was nowhere in sight. Finally the remaining few people left and I was all alone except for one man who was closing up the stadium. He turned off the glaring brilliant arrays of lights, locked up the stadium and asked me if I was OK--I said "yes, my mother's going to pick me up in a few minutes"--and left.

I was alone. The noise had given way to a profound silence and a pitch black sky. (Am I writing dramatically enough?) I waited. Minutes passed. Suddenly I felt like I was being stared at--in a different way than my schoolmates had stared at me during the football game--and seemed to feel more than hear a weird low sound. The air seemed energized. I turned around, looked upward and saw a gigantic aircraft, hovering in the air about 40-50 feet from the ground, tilted toward me. It was circular with convex top and bottom, visible as a blacker black than the very black night sky. Around the equator of the craft were round red lights, or rather, round areas that made the air near them glow red, since there was no apparent source of the light on the craft itself.

This aircraft hovered and bobbed quickly and erratically, as though it were the greatest difficulty imaginable to hold still in one place. Then it slowly began to move horizontally, and as soon as it began to move in a particular direction, its movement became smooth with none of the shaking it was exhibiting before. It moved faster and faster and then, seeming to double its speed every second, soon vanished out of sight over the horizon.

My mother showed up about 15 minutes later and drove me home.

Some weeks passed (perhaps 6-8 weeks) and one day my grandmother's new Reader's Digest caught my eye because of the acronym UFO on the cover. This issue had a condensed report from the newly published book, Incident at Exeter (Exeter, New Hampshire). I opened the magazine to read the article, and was shocked at the artist's rendition from eyewitness accounts of the UFOs that were seen by quite a few witnesses in New Hampshire, more than one and a half thousand miles away, because it looked exactly like the craft I had seen at the football stadium.

-Steve
By Matt
Amazing story Steve! You have an incredible ability for telling your life experiences. I love reading the stuff you write and I was completely drawn in by this post. Thanks for sharing your other story Steve.

If you ever decide to write a book, please let me know as I'll be first in line to buy it.
By grant
Here is a drawing of what I saw. I was trying to make it look shiny.

I took the pic with my webcam. I know its blurry, but I kind of liked it like that. it kind of resembles my encounter perfectly.

Has anyone seen this? The fake ufo in the hanger actually really looks like what I saw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqFbPw_qpwI
Attachments:
Snapshot_20090901.jpg
Snapshot_20090901.jpg (25.49 KiB) Viewed 4973 times
Last edited by grant on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By lemonlily
grant wrote:.................. liked it liked it like that.
LOL!

I said the cuttings some of them just kind of die.[…]

I was at Home Depot the other day when I spotted s[…]

I recieved my seeds, yay! Thank you, ChefDean Sen[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

Oo, very nice. That right one is particularly nice[…]

She definitely needs to go outside, yes. Keep her […]

FB_IMG_1714215761115.jpg This is the first one I[…]

Rain

Got your buckets ready!??? ;) Yes!. 30 gall[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!