FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Sundews69
Bluefire wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:40 pm
Sundews69 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:22 pm Maybe I can be the test subject for jamban...

Are there any plants you need tested that are relatively cheap?
I could test jacquelineae and jamban if needed, though my jacquelineae was attacked by the bugs from Bergen and I don't know if it'll last. Besides, my in house environment seems to be mainly lowland, as the lowlanders I've moved out of the humid growing area haven't stalled and took less than a week to acclimate, even northiana.
Good to know about the pests. thanks for the heads up. What are the temps in your house?
By Bluefire
Temperature for the highlanders seems to be between 70 and 80 day and 65 night (the AC maintains that).

The lowlanders and the windowsill must get temperatures between 80 and 90 in the day, judging only from how hot it feels to just check in on them. Maybe 70-80 at night.

I do also have a lingulata and lowii if you'd like to see those tested. Though I might not be the best for those seeing as I live in a desert.
Sundews69 liked this
By Bluefire
It's not like I can get it any lower. As I said before, I'm literally in a desert. The energy required to lower the AC to a good temperature consistently is way too high and would likely cause the AC to overwork itself. I do hope to move somewhere else as soon as I can.
Camden liked this
By Sundews69
Bluefire wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:38 pm Temperature for the highlanders seems to be between 70 and 80 day and 65 night (the AC maintains that).

The lowlanders and the windowsill must get temperatures between 80 and 90 in the day, judging only from how hot it feels to just check in on them. Maybe 70-80 at night.

I do also have a lingulata and lowii if you'd like to see those tested. Though I might not be the best for those seeing as I live in a desert.
You grow all of your HL neps in those temps?
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!