FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Sundews69
Nice! Update if they do ok in steady nighttime temps above 60 (that's what you have right?). They look great! Did you ever get that nebularum from florae in the auction?
By Camden
Sundews69 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:22 pm Maybe I can be the test subject for jamban...

Are there any plants you need tested that are relatively cheap?
You don’t have to do that! If you really wanted too though, I have been really wanting a Jacquelineae or diatas. Hear that they’re both strictly highland (hence Hamata *wink*wink*) I don’t know if that’s true though.

No that’s just for winter and fall, summer usually gets an all time low of around 73.
Sundews69 liked this
By Sundews69
Camden M wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:49 pm
Sundews69 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:22 pm Maybe I can be the test subject for jamban...

You don’t have to do that! If you really wanted too though, I have been really wanting a Jacquelineae or diatas. Hear that they’re both strictly highland (hence Hamata *wink*wink*) I don’t know if that’s true though.

No that’s just for winter and fall, summer usually gets an all time low of around 73.
Ok, that is perfect! We have pretty much identical temperarures. My parents wouldn't let me get a hamata lol. I can try jacquelineae. I can't right now because I'm getting some other new Nepenthes, but I will later. Diatas seems like there is a very low chance it does well. It's almost ultra highland.
Camden liked this
By Camden
Good for you! I’m afraid I have a Palawanensis :/ Hey, at least we know it’s Intermidiate friendly. Don’t let me influence you though! I highly recommend going through ALL 19 PAGES; they have some pretty interesting stuff if you look.
Last edited by Camden on Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sundews69 liked this
By Sundews69
Ok, I figured you might lol. And I have looked threw the 19 pages like a million times :D idk why but it's so fun

Where did you get your palawanensis? How has it done in intermediate? The range on the guide thing is right in the intermediate sweet spot. I have $50 on the gift card and I've had it for almost a year. I don't know what to get with it! I'll go threw the 19 pages again to see if they've gotten anything new
By Sundews69
Have you tried attenboroughii, lowii, chaniana, flava, lingulata, singalana, tentaculata, burbidgeae, and bongso?

Sorry for that big list lol.

Do you do anything to keep your lowlanders warm?
By Camden
Sundews69 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:07 am Have you tried attenboroughii, lowii, chaniana, flava, lingulata, singalana, tentaculata, burbidgeae, and bongso?

Sorry for that big list lol.

Do you do anything to keep your lowlanders warm?
Nope, but I really want too though! Especially Lowii and Attenboroughii, I’ve really wanted to do those for a while but haven’t really gotten around to them.

My 2 little lowlanders? Rafflesiana has been really good. I’ve found it can handle a wide range of temperature’s/RH. Northiana is SLOW. I can kinda tell it’s suffering not being in lowland condition’s. It’s taking forever to put out a new leaf. I have half a mind to re-bag it, let it get some size, then retry the little experiment. It’s inside btw.
Sundews69 wrote:What is the easier hamata? the Lumut form or Tambusisi?
I’d say Lumut from what I’ve heard. I don’t really think it maters all that much though.
Sundews69 wrote:Ok, I figured you might lol. And I have looked threw the 19 pages like a million times :D idk why but it's so fun

Where did you get your palawanensis? How has it done in intermediate? The range on the guide thing is right in the intermediate sweet spot. I have $50 on the gift card and I've had it for almost a year. I don't know what to get with it! I'll go threw the 19 pages again to see if they've gotten anything new
I got mine from florae collabrative. I think you’ll find that a recurring if you look at my grow list :mrgreen: Its done really good in intermediate. I didn't even see a sign of stress when I first got it other than stalling for a little while.
Sundews69 liked this
By Bluefire
If you are getting plants from Bergen, I would warn you that my experience with them hasn't been the best. Along with the plants I got a helping of pests as well. Four of the plants died, compared to 0 plants from other sources. Good luck.

Edit: if you look at all the product images they show, there's some telltale signs of past pest infestations. Deformed leaves and lack of pitchers being things to look out for.

Their greenhouses were lacking in humidity during my visit. So spider mites are an issue. There's probably other pests as well. Lots of the plants there had somewhat weak, droopy leaves with a somewhat dry, papery feel and not many pitchers. Those pitchers that did form seem to be oddly shaped or more papery than normal.
Last edited by Bluefire on Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sundews69 liked this
By Bluefire

I could test jacquelineae and jamban if needed, though my jacquelineae was attacked by the bugs from Bergen and I don't know if it'll last. Besides, my in house environment seems to be mainly lowland, as the lowlanders I've moved out of the humid growing area haven't stalled and took less than a week to acclimate, even northiana.
Sundews69 liked this
By Sundews69
Camden M wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:39 pm
Sundews69 wrote:What is the easier hamata? the Lumut form or Tambusisi?
I’d say Lumut from what I’ve heard. I don’t really think it maters all that much though.
Yeah, I just ask cause I found a Tambusisi for $90.
Camden M wrote:
Sundews69 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:07 am Have you tried attenboroughii, lowii, chaniana, flava, lingulata, singalana, tentaculata, burbidgeae, and bongso?
Nope, but I really want too though! Especially Lowii and Attenboroughii, I’ve really wanted to do those for a while but haven’t really gotten around to them.
Ok, good to know. I'll do some thinking on what to try. They're all great, but some probably have a very low success rate. Especially the lowii, attenboroughii, and lingulata. It is cooling off in our house now that we're getting low 30s outside at night. I think it gets down to 65ish in my room.
Last edited by Sundews69 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Camden liked this
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!