FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By Lilyofthevalley9
Lilyofthevalley9 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:50 pm Congratulations to our winner! Pm me with your mailing address and I will ship it out tomorrow after work. In the event something does go wrong during shipping I will be nice enough to offer $50 through PayPal on the day it gets sent out as insurance as it's currently cold and wet with the potential for ice.
[
ChelleB1005 liked this
By Panman
Lilyofthevalley9 wrote:In the event something does go wrong during shipping I will be nice enough to offer $50 through PayPal on the day it gets sent out as insurance as it's currently cold and wet with the potential for ice.
I suggest you clarify what this means.
By Lilyofthevalley9
Panman wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:02 pm
Lilyofthevalley9 wrote:In the event something does go wrong during shipping I will be nice enough to offer $50 through PayPal on the day it gets sent out as insurance as it's currently cold and wet with the potential for ice.
I suggest you clarify what this means.
I will send him $50 through PayPal as a refund of the value of the plant in case something goes wrong as we have very wet roads and the potential for a hard freeze this week. Although I will take care in packaging it. If nothing goes wrong than he can just send the money back.
By ChefDean
@LOTV
That seems convoluted and can complicate things. I would suggest that if weather is a potential factor to the safe shipping of this plant, simply wait until spring. Communicate with the winner to come together on a plan. I'm sure an agreement would be easy as, as I understand it, the winner will not be out any money, so would likely appreciate waiting to receive a healthy plant vs an ice cube.
If waiting until spring isn't an option, then you wait until the winner receives the plant to see how it fared. If it shows up fine, then everyone is done and you're not waiting for a "refund". If it doesn't survive, then discuss potential compensation. Personally, I'd not expect to be paid for a prize that I'd won and didn't have any out of pocket expenses for. But that would be between you want the winner.
By ChelleB1005
Awesome!! Thank you so much for this opportunity. Being that it has been quite cold where I'm at I don't mind at all waiting until the weather is better. I'll message shortly.
By andynorth
Lilyofthevalley9 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:50 pm Congratulations to our winner! Pm me with your mailing address and I will ship it out tomorrow after work. In the event something does go wrong during shipping I will be nice enough to offer $50 through PayPal on the day it gets sent out as insurance as it's currently cold and wet with the potential for ice.
Have I lost my mind or was the original drawing of the number supposed to be on Thursday? I have Thursday marked on my calendar for "Heli contest number draw day".
By Lilyofthevalley9
andynorth wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:38 pm
Have I lost my mind or was the original drawing of the number supposed to be on Thursday? I have Thursday marked on my calendar for "Heli contest number draw day".
It was I just decided to do the drawing a little early.
By andynorth
Lilyofthevalley9 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:44 pm
andynorth wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:38 pm
It was I just decided to do the drawing a little early.
Well, that's fine and all but you should maybe advise people of this. There may have been some people putting off until late Wednesday to enter. Lot's of folks are late to the game.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!