FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Ryleigh Witt
I meant the cup of distilled water it’s soaking in for a few hours
By Panman
Oh, submerge the plant completely. It will be fine under water. Just don't leave it sitting in the sun while it is unpotted.

The reason for doing this is that the plant is completely dehydrated. We need to get moisture back into it before it can make use of the moisture in the soil.
By Ryleigh Witt
Would a pot like this work? It’s made out of plastic
Attachments:
IMG_1293.png
IMG_1293.png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 614 times
By Abood
I have a question my Venus flytrap I got it from Home Depot came a little droopy like it’s not standing up. They’re all like falling down and I would send you a picture but I don’t know how to send pictures on this.
By Abood
Hello, I’m new to this website I just got a Venus flytrap from Home Depot and it came like it’s like falling. Kinda it’s not strong they’re all just falling on the soil, so is there a way I can fix that? And can you teach me how to send a picture on this website
By Gary
Abood wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:58 pm I have a question my Venus flytrap I got it from Home Depot came a little droopy like it’s not standing up.
Hi, welcome to the forum!
Home Depot abuses VFTs, they keep them indoors, in the dark, and use tap water when they remember to water them at all.
Without a pic it's difficult to better advise, but I'd start with giving the pot a good flushing with distilled water, and give it some indirect light. Remember that your plant just came from a nursery and suffered shipping trauma in addition to the neglect at HD. This is also the period when VFTs are just starting to come out of dormancy, and will look their worst (mostly). One other thing: not all VFTs stand up, like the leaves are at a ~45° angle. Many grow fairly flat to the ground, that's just the nature of the beast.
Looking forward to seeing a pic.
wcrosman, Spunro liked this

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!