FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By VelvetTooth
Dang if sc is too hot then is there no hope at all for LA in socal? I was planning on putting them inside if it gets too hot and pouring refrigerated water over their roots. Also, does cook’s sell the hardy mountain/Oregon variety?
Last edited by VelvetTooth on Mon May 23, 2022 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Huntsmanshorn
VelvetTooth wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:10 pm Dang if sc is too hot then is there no hope at all for LA in socal? I was planning on putting them inside if it gets too hot and pouring refrigerated water over their roots. Also, does cook’s sell the hardy mountain/Oregon variety?
Your average temps in June, July, and August are all within acceptable parameters, so I would think you have a reasonable shot esp. if you are closer to the coast.

Oh, I forgot, I have order from Cooks several times with good results, although they can be very slow.
By VelvetTooth
Huntsmanshorn wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:07 am
VelvetTooth wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:10 pm Dang if sc is too hot then is there no hope at all for LA in socal? I was planning on putting them inside if it gets too hot and pouring refrigerated water over their roots. Also, does cook’s sell the hardy mountain/Oregon variety?
Your average temps in June, July, and August are all within acceptable parameters, so I would think you have a reasonable shot esp. if you are closer to the coast.

Oh, I forgot, I have order from Cooks several times with good results, although they can be very slow.
I think they only ship on Tuesdays
By Hang
I've bought multiple VTF from him, i usually buy the 2-3y/o size, small but great price I have to say.
1 year in and mostly are at flowering size as of today.
By elaineo
VelvetTooth wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:17 am
I think they only ship on Tuesdays
Not every Tuesday. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks or more. If you are trying to avoid buying from “people”, I don’t think you will like this shop. It’s just run by one person part time and sometimes they have trouble keeping up with customer service.
Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x le[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Dang. That is huge!

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!