FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
Panman wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:26 pm I've had challenges with adelae also. I'm now trying low temps, low light, and high humidity.
Great idea. I think I will try that with all 3 Sisters Of Queensland as I had to plastic bag all of them. I have come to the conclusion that once any of my plants die, with the exception of my sarrs I will not replace them. I have been slowly trying to get leaf cuttings to strike in test tubes or media for this reason.
By alecStewart1
Lost my little 'Humpty Doo' as I didn't cut its flowers in time. At least, I think that's why it died. :cry:

Won a couple more Japanese orchids in an ebay bid.

Den. moniliforme 'Kinboshi' is a unique Choseiran I haven't seen around much. I posted about it on the OrchidBoard here: https://www.orchidboard.com/community/d ... boshi.html

Sedirea japonica 'Seigyoku Daruma' is a Nagoran (名護蘭) that I didn't think I get, because I honestly bet on it out of spite considering the last 3 round leaf ones I wanted I was beaten out at the last minute in each of the bids. It's basically a mini-Phal (it's genus name is technically Phalaenopsis) found in China, Korea and Japan, and the flower has a nice citrus-y scent apparently.
Last edited by alecStewart1 on Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By andynorth
alecStewart1 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:35 pm that I honestly bet out of spite considering the last 3 round leaf ones I wanted I was beaten out at the last minute in each of the bids.
I did this one Friday night. I ended up winning 7 Sarrs that I had to trade some off for some Sundews due to lack of space :o :o :o
By alecStewart1
*Phew*

Okay, hadn't updated this is awhile. :lol:

I think I'm at my limit for a lot of plants for awhile. I've kind spread myself thin giving the current growing conditions, with have multiple families of plants and all.

I've started taking a liking to Asian Cymbidiums. I've learned quite a but about them, so if you have questions feel free to ask, though I am be no means and expert. Still new to all the the orchid stuff.
andynorth liked this
By alecStewart1
Hedonista wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:50 am I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloom!
Me too! :lol:

The Neos bloom in summer, the Asian Cymbidiums need maybe another year to bloom because they're really fussy about being shipped and repotted (maybe not the Cym. ensilfolium's), and I'll have to see when my Dendrobium moniliforme's might bloom. I know one I fertilized too much during winter. My Kibana Soshin has spike and looks like it'll make a flower.

I definitely will take pictures!
Hedonista liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!