FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By frankgrimes087
For over a week now I have been dealing with spider mites and I have Floramite and Avid in rotation trying to get rid of these little demons! This evening there was some unexpected rain that I did not know about so I would like to know if the Floramite that I applied tonight can still me effective in getting rid of the spider mites. let me explain my situation so it can be better understood.

Between pots/styrofoam cups I have over 80 of them so I have quite a few plants so it took me about 2 hours to thoroughly spray everything with the floramite. I would say that most of the collection had about an Hour 1/2 to dry before the rain started. It was a light/moderate rain that only lasted maybe 45 minutes and not even all the rocks under the fruit trees were wet so it gives you some idea that it was not that much rain.

This is my third time spraying everything and actually had a similar experience happen the first time with the rain so I have not been too lucky haha its sneaking up on me! I'm wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with miticides and the rain and if it was still effective or did they have problems and have to spray again? I'm sure if its a heavy rain you would definitely have to spray again but in my situation I wonder if I will be ok?
By Matt
I believe Floramite works on contact so if it was sprayed directly on the mites, it should do its work. It definitely would have been preferable to not have it washed off by rain so the mites could get exposed when/if moving around on the leaves but I'll bet it still works well.
frankgrimes087, tommyr liked this
By frankgrimes087
Matt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:43 pm I believe Floramite works on contact so if it was sprayed directly on the mites, it should do its work. It definitely would have been preferable to not have it washed off by rain so the mites could get exposed when/if moving around on the leaves but I'll bet it still works well.
Thanks for the quick reply Matt much appreciated! The rain snuck up on me so it was quite annoying haha... I started off with spraying floramite, waited 3 days then went to Avid, then back to floramite. I am hoping since it was a pretty light rain that the miticide was still at least working like you are suggesting so I will just have to keep my eyes open!
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!