FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By FriskyBiscuit
Yescom 225 White are extremely popular and I can't seem to find them anywhere so wanted to know if you guys know any equivalents? I can't get strips which I e had recommended already due to my shelf situation.
Would any of the other Yescom colors work? I noticed they have multicolor, red, blue, blue and red, and then blue-red.
Attachments:
Screenshot_20231008_144935_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20231008_144935_Amazon Shopping.jpg (876.18 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
By Intheswamp
Do you want to enjoy looking at your plants. The blurple lights work well with the plants but I just can't get around the color. The blurple color can also keep you from detecting of discolored leafs/stems that might indicate problems. I prefer white. If I wanted to grow as many plants as I could and as fast as I could, maybe for selling, I would probably go with the blurple lights. But, for my own viewing the whites are preferred.

Did you try https://www.yescomusa.com/ ??? I don't know about them, but the website says that they have the whites available...at least they let me put four white ones in a shopping cart and proceed to checkout. It does look like Walmart and Amazon are zero stock on the whites right now...not sure about the other colors. Best wishes.
By FriskyBiscuit
Intheswamp wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:16 pm Do you want to enjoy looking at your plants. The blurple lights work well with the plants but I just can't get around the color. The blurple color can also keep you from detecting of discolored leafs/stems that might indicate problems. I prefer white. If I wanted to grow as many plants as I could and as fast as I could, maybe for selling, I would probably go with the blurple lights. But, for my own viewing the whites are preferred.

Did you try https://www.yescomusa.com/ ??? I don't know about them, but the website says that they have the whites available...at least they let me put four white ones in a shopping cart and proceed to checkout. It does look like Walmart and Amazon are zero stock on the whites right now...not sure about the other colors. Best wishes.
Yeah their website says out of stock for me unfortunately 😭 and I've trying to avoid the blurple color as much as possible. My eyes and lights already don't get along the best lol hopefully they'll be in stock soon or I can find something similar
By Intheswamp
I went back to make sure of what I saw. First thing is...I won't be buying anything from "Yescom USA". The "white" version comes up along with other vendors in a banner listing when googled. *But*, when you click on it it carries you to a multicolored version. Misdirection...I can live without. No danger of me shopping there.
By FriskyBiscuit
Honestly don't think I'll be buying just because they're never in stock lol looking barrina t5's but these strip/gooseneck bulb ones always confuse me on how to get them up lol
By Intheswamp
I started to ask you about the "boys blue/white" but when I quoted you the "boys" was gone. :lol: I thought about the blue/whites and looked at one place and they were zero stock, too, but might be available somewhere else. Seems like when I ordered my white Yescoms a while back they were showing low-stock then. :|
By FriskyBiscuit
Seems to be the case, every time I have tried they've been outside of stock but it's alright lol
I was recommended these Barrina T5's, but not sure how to tell if they'd actually be worth it. Gonna be for Nepenthes and Sundews
Barrina Grow Lights for Indoor Plants, 5000K White Full Spectrum Led Grow Light, 1ft Plant Grow Light, LED Grow Light Bulbs, T5 Grow Light Strip, Plug and Play, 8-Pack https://a.co/d/bys9VxC
By elaineo
Get any of the other random brand grow lights. There are many with the exact same specs as Yescom, they're all manufactured at the same factory in China, the sellers just throw different brand labels on them.
One example: https://www.amazon.com/Grow-Light-Indoo ... 08SBW9B2G/
By specialkayme
It's really difficult to make recommendations and give you advice when you keep making new threads discussing the same topic, not responding, then making a new thread:

Thursday's post: post440587.html#p440587
My response: post440687.html#p440623

Saturday's post: post440694.html#p440694
My response: post440694.html#p440708

Then this one on Sunday. My advice would be the same as the previous two threads.

If you're serious, I think the Carnivero Florawave lights are worth the money. They are bright though.
By FriskyBiscuit
To clarify- I responded on that post on Thursday (also that was specifically about Sunlight and my window situation if I remember correctly).

Saturdays post was after a few days went by and I realized that with winter and fall arriving they would need lighting regardless. Asked about some specific lights then and never received a notification that it was responded to.

I've responded on any other posts I've made. And again this post was asking about a specific set of lights, tho your recommendation is appreciated and I'll keep on the list I've been making. I just don't like spending money/have tons of money to just waste on things that will not work, so I figured there's no harm in asking if anyone has used a particular product and if it's worked. You don't know the amount of hours, days and weeks I've been doing research with no real useful info popping up. I apologize if I've annoyed by it but maybe just ignore my posts then.

Tho you won't have to worry about anymore posts. I found someone yesterday night who has experience that I've been able to pm and chat with now and they've been answering my redundant questions and giving me further advice.

Appreciate everyone who has helped me and been patient with my redundant questions.
By specialkayme
FriskyBiscuit wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:55 pmI found someone yesterday night who has experience that I've been able to pm and chat with
Best of luck to you. I hope you get the answers you're looking for.
By elaineo
FriskyBiscuit wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:55 pm To clarify- I responded on that post on Thursday (also that was specifically about Sunlight and my window situation if I remember correctly).

Saturdays post was after a few days went by and I realized that with winter and fall arriving they would need lighting regardless. Asked about some specific lights then and never received a notification that it was responded to.

I've responded on any other posts I've made. And again this post was asking about a specific set of lights, tho your recommendation is appreciated and I'll keep on the list I've been making. I just don't like spending money/have tons of money to just waste on things that will not work, so I figured there's no harm in asking if anyone has used a particular product and if it's worked. You don't know the amount of hours, days and weeks I've been doing research with no real useful info popping up. I apologize if I've annoyed by it but maybe just ignore my posts then.

Tho you won't have to worry about anymore posts. I found someone yesterday night who has experience that I've been able to pm and chat with now and they've been answering my redundant questions and giving me further advice.

Appreciate everyone who has helped me and been patient with my redundant questions.
The benefit of having questions and answers in a public forum is that future members can look up information without having to post a new topic. There is really no need to take your Q&A's private. IMO it is more annoying to do a search and find that others have had the same question, but with no posted resolution -- as you've probably experienced.
specialkayme, andynorth liked this
New cultivar potential?

For its stout leaves and proportionately large t[…]

I have a many cape sundew varieties, about 6 pingu[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Hello, heya, howdy. Enjoy the forums! :D

Elionwyr requests drosera intermedia. Ty!

Intheswamp requests the pack of D. capensis "[…]

New donation

I'd like to thank thepitchergrower for his latest […]

1633 expired and canceled

This request has expired and been canceled, seeds […]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!