FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By evenwind
Sundews69 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:45 pm Just so you know, you won't be able to grow anything from the mixed rosettes in a bog garden outdoors.
Sorry, I've got to disagree. I'm pretty sure there are both Capi Emerald's Envy and Capi Eatonville in the mixed rosettes. Plus a bunch of other warm/temperate stuff. I don't think Stagecoach, TX will be a bad place to try them outdoors. It's certainly worth a try.

Edit: OK, I just checked the history and I see that Shadowtski donated mixed rosettes after I did. I can only speak about my contribution. But since mine are older, there's a good chance that is what is going to be sent.
Sundews69 liked this
By Sundews69
evenwind wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:28 pm
Sundews69 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:45 pm Just so you know, you won't be able to grow anything from the mixed rosettes in a bog garden outdoors.
Sorry, I've got to disagree. I'm pretty sure there are both Capi Emerald's Envy and Capi Eatonville in the mixed rosettes. Plus a bunch of other warm/temperate stuff. I don't think Stagecoach, TX will be a bad place to try them outdoors. It's certainly worth a try.

Edit: OK, I just checked the history and I see that Shadowtski donated mixed rosettes after I did. I can only speak about my contribution. But since mine are older, there's a good chance that is what is going to be sent.
Oh, I didn't know capis were in mixed rosettes now. A couple months ago when I checked, there was nothing temperate/warm temperate in there. Sorry.
By ChefDean
Maybe he will. The Mixed Rosettes contain tropical and subtropical, so they would likely do fine in Texas. It's the cold temperates like VFT's and Sarracenia that might not do well in an artificial bog.
By ChefDean
Order received.
Your order number is 1099.
I'll PM you shortly with a mailing address for your SASE.
Thank you for your order.

Reminder to all:
Please remember to write your Forum username and order number somewhere on the envelope or in a note.
I don't have access to a cross reference of real-world names linked to usernames.
Remembering these things helps me fill orders quicker.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Chef
By Sundews69
ChefDean wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:04 pm
Maybe he will. The Mixed Rosettes contain tropical and subtropical, so they would likely do fine in Texas. It's the cold temperates like VFT's and Sarracenia that might not do well in an artificial bog.
Okay, my bad.
By chrisaggie
Seeds received, thank you so much! This seed bank is a wonderful thing. Once I get my bog going better I will do my best to send seeds in for donation. Would it be appropriate to send companion plant seeds in such as rhexia, bog violet, etc?
Panman liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!