FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Doomsday
My capensis is shooting up about 7 new baby leaves and they are all under 1'' but close. Now one is completly openand dewy even though it is only 1/2'' :? WHY lol

Is it gona grow any more. The others and opening a little too and dewing on the bottom but they seem to be growing a bit more normally.

NOW, i took about 5 leaf cuttings from leaes whose dewy parts had died but were still green evrywhere else. they ar floating in distilled water in a plastic upperware on my windowsill right next to my mother plant. Will they strike??
By sundewman
Have you taken your root cutting yet? When leaf and root cuttings are taken, unless the plant is really established, it will shrink in size because it has lost parts of it that it pumped a lot of energy into making. If you keep feeding it, they will eventually size back up. If you don't have any additional light, you may or may not have success with leaf cuttings using the water floating method on the windowsill. I've heard that one grower had success cutting up sphagnum moss into tiny pieces and then making a soupy mix of it, which he floated the leaves on top of. He said he never had success with the water method on a windowsill, but that the sphagnum method worked. I haven't tried that before though, so I can't say...
By Doomsday
nah i hvent taken a root cutting yet. only my leaf cuttings.. and all after the dwarf leaf grew but its all good i guess.. the ones i cut off were kinda crappy looking so i doubt they were doing much for the plant. about 5 of them were sagged to the ground and slowly losing color on the tips so i figured id make it look nice so when the new ones come in i dont have to do trimming and get their dew all gross and dirty
By 95slvrZ28
I honestly wouldn't worry about trimming your plant, you may be doing it more harm than good. Anytime you cut live tissue you're leaving your plant more prone to infection. All of my Capensis have a few dead leaves laying on the dirt, I honestly don't notice them. They get quite small when they've dehydrated so they're barely noticeable.
Finally

Those are beautiful! I’m wondering what kind[…]

Suggestion about plants

Thanks for the info. I dont get them from Greece, […]

Rain

Btw, if you have somewhere to put it, a 32-gallon […]

Too bad you moved away, you could come get these t[…]

Sundew in forest

Why D. capillaris? D. brevifolia is the sundew sp[…]

Oh, that is a solid size. Wonder what it'll look l[…]

Succulents Question

Hello beautiful people! I have a quick question. O[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!