FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By twigs
I have a grow rack inside that has 2 4' T8 bulbs and maintains 50% humidity that I use for Cephs, Neps and some Dews. I have a berry container sitting outside with some VFT pullings in it, and a berry container inside with some pullings in it. I also have a few in some pure R/O water.

Question is, a few of the pullings are starting to strike. I have never grown plants from pullings before, so how long should I wait until I plant them? And where should I keep the plantlets once I do transplant them from their propagation containers? St. Louis summers can stay above 90 for weeks, with 100+ not unusual, so I am a little worried about the extreme heat on the young plants.
By Matt
You live in St. Louis? That's close to where I grew up (Festus) and my parents still live there. I gave my dad a bunch of VFTs last year and he kept them all outside. They flowered and produced a lot of seed. He put the seed in a 10 gallon aquarium in the shade. I think they might have got morning sun. That seemed to work well for the little plants because they grew quite fast.

Seedlings and small pullings definitely seem to benefit from being babied a bit. A little less intense sun and heat would probably be good for them. Also, heavy rain storms can pound them pretty good.
Results of self pollinating?

That's actually a decent size for an ovary, so I w[…]

Where is the cheapest place to buy pots

Hi all! I just ran out of large pots for my sarra[…]

tommyr's grow list

pm'ed ya!

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

just pm'ed you!

Catching the Nep fever

Surprisingly, I have never really put effort into […]

Hello from the California!

Wow! this forum has an amazing set up for seeds! I[…]

April 2024 Photo Contest - Stuck on You

Much thanks to Optique and what an incredible, hea[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!