FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
So my first few batches of seed from the seed bank are starting to sprout. So far I have mixed Drosera, Drosera Madagascan, Drosera Spatulata "Pink Flower" and Drosera Ultramafica that are showing signs of life. I had thought I overheated them but after placing them in my germinating tent for a couple days they are springing to life. I know I need to be delicate with these so I am asking when would be a good time to move to a more permanent pot? I do not want to wait too long and chance damaging any roots but I also do not want to rush it.

Also, Is there any advantage of using one of the Blurple lights at night to simulate the moon or is there no need for this? I have the one below but not sure if I should put it to use or not.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082Y ... UTF8&psc=1
Intheswamp liked this
By ChefDean
If they're just germinating, then leave them be. You won't damage roots by transplanting right now, because they don't really have any. They have just enough to take up water at this point, and the problem you'd run in to is getting them in good enough contact with the media to keep taking up water. You'd more likely lose them all at this point.
Once they're about 1/2 inch across is about the size that you can reliably have the ability to make sure the roots get good enough contact for water uptake, and they're big enough to better withstand the stresses of repotting. Just loosely bag them afterwards to help combat transpiration imbalance until they get settled better.
Intheswamp, andynorth liked this

should be fine, springtails make their way into co[…]

I have a Viparspectra v1000 in my grow area, about[…]

Hello from New England

Welcome

Finally!!! Rain!!!!

You should check Craig's List for plastic, food-g[…]

I notice that the tds readings of my tapwater can […]

New to carnivorous plants!

I wonder if the fibers death cube traps come in no[…]

CalCarn Hitchhiker

It's too soon to be able to provide a positive ID.[…]

Fun supermarket

Spam?

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!