FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By PlantMom84
Hi everyone! Happy turkey day a little bit early. I have a question. How often do you water your cactus when it's budding? I heard somewhere you don't water them at all during this time. Any truth to it? TIA

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

By Intheswamp
I really don't know what to tell you, though it seems I read something similar to what you said about holding water back during bud. As for my Thanksgiving Cactus...I'm going to name it George Jones because it didn't show up (with blooms) for Thanksgiving. I've got it sitting in the garage where it's had some cool/cold nights and days and I think it's starting to put on a few buds but none near to blooming size. Maybe it will be a....."late bloomer". :D
By MikeB
PlantMom84 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:42 am How often do you water your cactus when it's budding?
When the soil is getting a bit dry. How long this takes depends on your soil mix and the size of the pot (the bigger the pot, the more water it holds). With my plants, it's every 10-14 days.
PlantMom84 wrote: I heard somewhere you don't water them at all during this time. Any truth to it?
They still need water, just less of it. Reduce the watering from fall through early spring, but don't cut it out completely.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!