FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Jade
So I got sent 2 little cups of mixed drosera seedlings that ChefDean kindly grew for new folks and gave through the seed bank. I got them and was going to wait as advised until they were about a cm across to repot them, but I haven’t been able to tell if they are even doing okay or if I’m messing them up because they were shipped very well (lots of tape to get through lol), and they had a wet paper towel over the seedlings, but it kinda mooshed them down so I just wanted to know if they look ok and also are they probably gonna pop back up or should I be doing something else?

The one on the pink tray are the rosette mix, and the green one is the cape mix.
IMG_6836.jpeg
IMG_6836.jpeg (4.13 MiB) Viewed 1114 times
IMG_6835.jpeg
IMG_6835.jpeg (3.07 MiB) Viewed 1114 times
By ChefDean
Those do look like they got overheated in transit. But sundews don't like changing conditions, being shipped, being looked at cross-eyed, Tuesdays, or being breathed on wrong. Put them in a tray to keep the media wet, put them on a sunny windowsill, and give them time.
If they end up not making it, we'll get some more headed your way.
wcrosman, Jade, JenCooper liked this
By Jade
I don’t know how you would even tell they might be overheated. And I thought that these were basically like the weeds (to some) of the CP kingdom. Like you could do anything and they’d grow anyway.

Anyhow thank you for the sage advice as always. I will do all those things. I just didn’t know if they could actually pop back up, but it seems like most CPs can as long as you do the right stuff. :D
By Jade
I so far have a rosette that is trying really hard to get better. I think the capes might be shot, but I’m still waiting just in case they make a comeback.
IMG_7142.png
IMG_7142.png (7.42 MiB) Viewed 868 times
IMG_7141.png
IMG_7141.png (7.04 MiB) Viewed 868 times
IMG_7140.png
IMG_7140.png (7.15 MiB) Viewed 868 times
By Jade
So last week I noticed that the first pot I got with one little guy left what looks like a bunch of seedlings maybe coming back? Which is weird because when I cleaned that stuff off the top I didn’t think there was anything left plus it has been awhile since I got them.

Are they resprouting or whatever you’d call that? Nothing has flowered or anything so I’m not sure what the little red things are. Not the obvious plant. (I saw the little hair that fell off the curtain after the picture was taken)
IMG_9084.jpeg
IMG_9084.jpeg (2.43 MiB) Viewed 609 times
By ChefDean
You said you cleaned the surface, but there were little roots that survived. You're seeing the power of sundews resurrecting from sometimes the smallest little piece.
Jade liked this
By Jade
That’s so awesome! I feel bad for giving up on the second cup. The other two you sent are big enough to mostly be separated, but it’s going to be complicated it seems like, and they look so great right now I’m afraid to start lol.
Refrigerator Dormancy

Thanks for helping. I was fervently hoping I wasn'[…]

https://c.tenor.com/MQlPQ1NngeIAAAAC/tenor.gif

SYBAsoil carnivorous mix

Thank you, having done more research I am doing da[…]

Counting to infinity.

2530 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am located in zone 8, I can’t really recal[…]

Camden M’s grow list

woah where'd you get the lowii x truncata?

Request received. Your request number is 1839. I'l[…]

MikeB Too

Along with Shadowtski, MikeB also answered the cal[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!