FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nolen Pitzer
I’ve tried to google this type of pitcher plant but nothing comes up. I got it from Lees botanical gardens, and it is growing really slow. I just want to know how to make it happy. all of the potential pitchers have died along with the couple that were pre existing.
IMG_7064.jpeg
IMG_7064.jpeg (4.11 MiB) Viewed 541 times
By ChefDean
I believe you mean N. khaleesi.
However, how long ago did you get it? Nepenthes can take months to recover, even given the best of conditions. Not knowing its basic needs can hinder its recovery.
andynorth liked this
By andynorth
I agree with Chef. I have a St.Gaya that after a repot (it was in a self watering pot and I was told that was bad, however was doing great.) it appeared to be dead. I cut it back, bagged it up and placed out of direct light in a high humidity area. After a couple of months I had almost forgotten about it until moving some other bagged plants near it. When I opened the bag it had sprung bag to life with new green leaves and a couple of pitchers.
By Nolen Pitzer
well idk what i’m going wrong because where the pitcher is supposed to grow on the newest leaf is starting to die. do you have any grow tips
By ChefDean
Again, how long ago did you get it? While pitchers not fully forming can typically be a lack of light issue, Nepenthes can take months to recover from shipping. If you got it fairly recently, it could simply still be in shock.
By ChefDean
I don't know what a 19 volt light is supposed to do, but the plant is still recovering from shipping. I'd hang it in an east or north facing window, keep the media moist, and let it recover. Once it's done pouting (at least a couple of months still), it'll likely start finishing pitchers.

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!