FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
andynorth wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:36 pm...turtle taste like turtle...
Depends on the turtle. Alligator Snapping Turtle, when mature, is said to have 11 or more distinctly different flavors depending on where it comes from on its anatomy, kinda like light or dark meat on a chicken.
People have said they can taste beef, pork, chicken, goat, shrimp, fish, lobster, and others from one animal.
I've only caught and cooked small common snapping turtles into Piquant or other Creole dishes, so you can't tell if there are different flavors.
andynorth, Intheswamp liked this
By elaineo
andynorth wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:33 pm So here's my question. How did they get there? I remember as a kid in Tucson catching and raising them through the transformation and I always wondered how the heck they got there.
Pacific tree frogs are native to my area. I sometimes find them when I'm cleaning gutter downspouts. I have no idea how they survive in the wild, as we get zero rain from April-November.
By andynorth
ChefDean wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:16 pm
andynorth wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:36 pm...turtle taste like turtle...
Depends on the turtle. Alligator Snapping Turtle, when mature, is said to have 11 or more distinctly different flavors depending on where it comes from on its anatomy, kinda like light or dark meat on a chicken.
People have said they can taste beef, pork, chicken, goat, shrimp, fish, lobster, and others from one animal.
I've only caught and cooked small common snapping turtles into Piquant or other Creole dishes, so you can't tell if there are different flavors.
[/quote/

I guess that's why you're the Chef!!
By Intheswamp
Yep. Turtle is like shopping at the meat market. Some really good eating…The old ones may have a more Monsanto/Conagra taste to them so I don’t bother with them. :?
By andynorth
elaineo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:32 pm
andynorth wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:33 pm So here's my question. How did they get there? I remember as a kid in Tucson catching and raising them through the transformation and I always wondered how the heck they got there.
Pacific tree frogs are native to my area. I sometimes find them when I'm cleaning gutter downspouts. I have no idea how they survive in the wild, as we get zero rain from April-November.
In AZ. they bury themselves in the sand until the rains come in.
elaineo liked this
By Intheswamp
The frogs bury up in the sand? I knew that toads do, but I didn't know that about frogs...but, I guess they gotta stay *somewhere*. :)

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!