FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By katya_dog1
Ras wrote:In experiments by Sternheimer, he claims that tomatoes exposed to his melodies grew two-and-a-half times as large as those which were untreated. Some of the treated plants were sweeter in addition to being significantly larger.
Uh-huh. I'll believe that when I see it. Too bad we don't have any (real) proof....
By katya_dog1
My earlier comment may have sounded a bit snarky. That's not my intention, and I am never one to discount the power of music. But I must say it sounds a bit far-fetched to me.
By TS 1989
I guess I'll go play Canon In D for 10 hours before I sleep... hopefully my ampullaria decides to grow.
By Ras
I don't think some of you guys understand that I am not trying to convince you anything, I promise. I was just trying to find the songs for my own use but I wasn't even sure they existed. Once I found some info on it I decided to post it in case anyone was interested because it sounded like a few people were.
THAT SAID, it was just an article which can only make statements, its up to you to fact check if you don't or do believe them. I myself am going to use the songs at some point(I still haven't) and see if I notice any changes.You may also notice I said "he claims plants exposed to his songs" .....so on so forth. I do agree parts of it do sound a little out there, but is it anymore farfetched than an invisible forcefield that surrounds our planet and burns up most objects before it hits earth? or how about coral and what not living in the deep sea surviving off nuclear waste. The world is unpredictable man.
By Dan V
I did an eBay search for Venus flytraps and found a seller that stated:

Venus Flytrap RED DRAGON Potted (Dionaea muscipula Akai Ryu Plant)

"All of our plants are bathed in a continuous stream of megahertz sound frequencies (432 - 528 - 741 etc) to endow them with the highest vibration possible. Everything is frequencies so fill your space with these beautiful, high vibrational plants."
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!