FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By hollyhock
sans wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:24 pm Um you do realize you just gave away everyones location? lol
There's no address or name. I don't think the city and state should be a threat to anyone's privacy. At least no one has chewed me out for doing it this way on a tiny forum :D unless it's a problem for you. And if so I apologize
Camden liked this
By Camden
Oh Holyhoc, Since it seems to be in a nonorganic media, would potting the plug in lfsm or peat based media be a future problem?
By hollyhock
Camden wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:01 pm Oh Holyhoc, Since it seems to be in a nonorganic media, would potting the plug in lfsm or peat based media be a future problem?
I do peat/ silica sand at 50/50. For the time being maybe bag it for a week. Then when you do plant it. Make a little mountain with the medium. It must be well draining medium and never to wet. Not like other cps
Camden liked this
By Panman
Camden wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:25 pm Haha, actually just got home from the library when I come home to see this beauty!
Thank you so much Hollyhock!
Congratulations! I am so jealous. I have 3 cephs, 1 is still in the media it came in. The other two I have repotted into a pot that is 5 1/2 inches tall with a 1:1:1 peat:perlite:sand mix. I top water weekly and let the water drain out the bottom. It accumulates about 1/4 of an inch or less of water that it sits in for the week. The tray generally is dried out by day Friday and I rewater again on Monday. This growing on a desktop with normal room humidity under a Yescom 225 light.

Just my 2 cents.
By hollyhock
Panman wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:32 pm
Camden wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:25 pm Haha, actually just got home from the library when I come home to see this beauty!
Thank you so much Hollyhock!
Congratulations! I am so jealous. I have 3 cephs, 1 is still in the media it came in. The other two I have repotted into a pot that is 5 1/2 inches tall with a 1:1:1 peat:perlite:sand mix. I top water weekly and let the water drain out the bottom. It accumulates about 1/4 of an inch or less of water that it sits in for the week. The tray generally is dried out by day Friday and I rewater again on Monday. This growing on a desktop with normal room humidity under a Yescom 225 light.

Just my 2 cents.
It's great advice. Yes that's definitely a good welk draining mix. And good watering schedule too. They definitely don't need high humidity. Good airflow to reduce the chance of powdery mildew. I have fought that fight :roll:
Garden_Nymph liked this
By Panman
If you repot it, bag it for a week or two and open the bag daily. If you do bag it, then definitely reduce the watering. I would think that water it good, allow it to drain, and then add it to the bag would work. Then just monitor it to see if you need to water again. In a bag for a week or two, you likely wouldn't need to.
Camden liked this
By hollyhock
Camden wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:58 pm So then should I bag it actually? I don’t want to bring on any mildew or rot.
Yes the entire plug and plant sealed Don't add any water to the plug. Just open the bag daily for fresh air. Then eventually poke holes in the bag. But again that plug should definitely be enough moisture for the roots. Patience grasshopper :D :lol:
And definitely under some good lighting. 👍 you will be fine. Less is more. Believe me. Barely moist in a bag is perfect 🥰
Camden, Garden_Nymph liked this
By Garden_Nymph
@sans only the city/state, you would have to look hard to find me in Houston lol :D

@camden isn't he just freakin adorable! I weaned mine off the bag over a week then waited another week before VERY gently splitting the plug and settling him into a larger pot. I used a full size pot as I am advised they dont like to be repotted. He is still a happy little camper.
hollyhock liked this
By hollyhock
Garden_Nymph wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:16 pm @sans only the city/state, you would have to look hard to find me in Houston lol :D

@camden isn't he just freakin adorable! I weaned mine off the bag over a week then waited another week before VERY gently splitting the plug and settling him into a larger pot. I used a full size pot as I am advised they dont like to be repotted. He is still a happy little camper.
I was hoping you would chime in Garden_Nymph. Because I sent Camden M a little division the same way I sent yours :D
Garden_Nymph liked this
By Garden_Nymph
Oh yeah, you are gonna love him Camden. Mine is sitting in a window sill so he can experience the seasonal light and get his winter rest. I used 60/40 peat/silica sand and the cps society also says they like a layer a sand on top to keep him from sitting in the wet soil on top. LOVE my Ceph baby! One of my coworkers said he reminded them of one of the Pikachu characters lol
Ceph Black Purple 2023.jpeg
Ceph Black Purple 2023.jpeg (688.77 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
hollyhock, Camden liked this
By hollyhock
Garden_Nymph wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:28 pm Oh yeah, you are gonna love him Camden. Mine is sitting in a window sill so he can experience the seasonal light and get his winter rest. I used 60/40 peat/silica sand and the cps society also says they like a layer a sand on top to keep him from sitting in the wet soil on top. LOVE my Ceph baby! One of my coworkers said he reminded them of one of the Pikachu characters lol

Ceph Black Purple 2023.jpeg
Very nice I'm glad your baby is loving ❤️ it's new home.

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!