Location: Atlanta, GA USA Zone 8a/8b
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:41 pm
Here are the rules:
1. You can share only pictures you took personally.
2. You can submit only 1 photo for this contest.
3. Pictures shared in previous contests are not eligible.
4. Minimally edited photos only. No effects, or filters. Cropping is okay.
5. The winner will be the entry with the highest number of thumbs up (likes) votes.
6. Only votes from members with at least 5 posts will count.
7. This contest is open internationally, although there will be an alternate prize for international winners.
Of course, if we are celebrating green then this month’s prize should be a green. The winner of this month’s contest will actually get to choose one of two prizes! @Matt and Leah with The Flytrap Store are offering either a Grun Venus Flytrap or a Sarracenia leucophylla alba . The prize will be shipped bareroot unless the winner chooses to pay extra postage for a potted plant.
From the Flytrap Store website:
Grun is a very hardy (one of the absolute hardiest) all-green Venus Flytrap cultivar, that grows upright with large traps and uniquely vivid green coloration only. Great Venus Flytrap for beginners. An all-green Venus Flytrap clone from Europe, with larger traps and neater growth than the official all-green cultivar Justina Davis. Like other all-green Venus Flytraps, a very faint pink can be discerned inside the traps only when exposed to very bright and prolonged light.I don’t have a photo or any details on the leucophylla, but if Matt is offering it, you know it is going to be a great plant.
So let’s see some shots of your not-so-plain-Janes. We want something green that would even make Kermit proud.