FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Alpha_Male
I have refrigerated air in my house and was wondering if it is bad for my venus fly trap. I'm pretty sure if i keep it bottom watered it'll moisten up the soil but would like some professional input.

Thanks!

-Alex
By Adam
What is your air temperature? it should be fine. Most houses are kept at 22 degrees celcius and that's fine.

Be more worried about the amount of direct sunlight it gets. Make sure to maximize that by placing it on a south-facing window sill if you can't keep it outside.
By Adam
I think that's around 21 degrees celcius which should be fine. That's the temperature that the plant will experience at night. On the bright window sill, it will have a much higher temperature. Place a piece of paper or cardboard to block the sun and place a thermometer in the shadow that's formed. Wait 10 minutes and see what temperature your window sill gets. It will probably be around 29 - 35 degrees. These are great conditions for growing a vft.

And remember not to have your plant in any type of container that's supposed to keep humidity levels high! You will cook your plant!
By Steve_D
72 degrees Fahrenheit sounds fine. Just be sure not to let the plant stay too wet all the time, and as Adam mentioned, try to find a way to give it as much sun as you can.
By Alpha_Male
Steve_D wrote:72 degrees Fahrenheit sounds fine. Just be sure not to let the plant stay too wet all the time, and as Adam mentioned, try to find a way to give it as much sun as you can.
direct or window ?
By NZL
If you have the choice, go for direct.
If not, window will be fine too.
Liberation from Lowe’s

I’m sorry that’s one plant? They di[…]

Results of self pollinating?

The ovary is 1/2 inch across? Or the umbrella is[…]

Flytrap ID

Bohemian Garnet My BG is young, and there are si[…]

Nwpenthes grow tent help

I haven't tried putting chilled water into the h[…]

any notes or tips would be helpful prop/ seed star[…]

Is this a steal?

When it coms to CP's you just never know. A plant […]

24 wide, 24 deep, 36 high It will fit with a half[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!