FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Steve_D
Great 3D cross-eye stereogram, Adam! :D Really neat. Good-looking Flytrap too--
By Caleboy 123
Pretty Diesel! I dig the red dragons' dark red color.
By kevinqwe
cool but i cant see it. i think it is easier to make the picture smaller. thanks
By Adam
kevinqwe wrote:cool but i cant see it. i think it is easier to make the picture smaller. thanks
I made a smaller version for you below. Let me know if you can do it now. For me, it's easier to do if I keep a bit more distance between the monitor and my eyes.
Steve_D wrote:Good-looking Flytrap too
jkochuni wrote:Your Red Dragon looks very nice!
Caleboy 123 wrote:I dig the red dragons' dark red color
mkburleson wrote:Cool 8-) & very nice VFT
Thanks guys! :)

This guy is out growing everything in my collection. Last year I read that the Red Dragon is not as vigorous as other cultivars. This is not the case for the plants I have, obviously.
Attachments:
reddragon3dsmall.jpg
reddragon3dsmall.jpg (48.81 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
By Adam
lol.. don't worry.. it took me a while to get the hang of it! But it's worth it.. it's like being right there :D
By lemonlily
Very nice plant Adam. Thats cool but when I cross my eyes, are the pictures supposed to be blurry? And I suggest people not to cross their eyes too much, might be a bit bad for your eyes.
By Adam
Well, you're not supposed to cross your eyes too much. That requires that you keep a bit of distance between the monitor and your eyes. Crossing your eyes too hard is not comfortable. I'm sure it's not good for you either. But a little bit is ok as your eyes do that anyway when you look at something close up.

As for it being blurry, yes, it will be initially. The trick is to keep the overlapping images exactly over one another and letting your eyes focus without changing their direction. More scientifically, the muscles that cross and uncross your eyes should not move, while the muscles in your eyes that stretch your lens do the work.

Hope that helps!
By Adam
You're supposed to just cross your eyes a little bit - until one image is formed by 2 overlapping and there will be 1 image to either side of that. Once you see that, make sure that the middle image stays steady. This will allow your eyes to focus eventually. Once you get the feeling and what to expect from your eyes, you can do this within seconds.
By lemonlily
I can sort of see it follow me when I cross my eyes a little bit, but it's not completely overlapped. And still is, so blurry I probably wouldn't know what it was.
By Adam
You have to hold it in place while it's blurry. Then allow the image to come into focus. Once you do it once, you'll be able to do it all the time.

I would think that the TDS would be different in d[…]

Hello from New England

Greetings from another New Englanda’

Finally!!! Rain!!!!

8s, keep looking on Craig's List and any local &qu[…]

I heard that keeping your Venus fly trap outdoors […]

Input on Neps placement

Would you folks recommend putting my plants outdoo[…]

should be fine, springtails make their way into co[…]

I have a Viparspectra v1000 in my grow area, about[…]

New to carnivorous plants!

I wonder if the fibers death cube traps come in no[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!