FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Gary
I also use a Zero Water filter. It gets bloody hot here in AZ and I can easily go through 4-5 gallons a day. The nice thing about Zero Water is once it goes up to about 6-7 ppm I can still squeeze >10 gallons of water out of the system. At around 7 ppm it gets a mild "fishy" odor, but the plants don't mind. When it hits ~30 ppm I change the filter.
I stockpiled about 100 gallons of water last winter. I use the supermarket brands of drinking water for making coffee and cooking etc, so collecting the jugs was easy.
Intheswamp liked this
By Anzenix
Actually I just got mine today delivered! Ill be testing out later and see how my tap water is like but i know its probably going to be pretty bad lol
By Intheswamp
Here's a link to a list of California cities and their water's mineral content. I don't know anything about the website, so take it with a grain of salt...or calcium...or magnesium. ;) They've got it broke down to cities and zip codes...scroll down just a short piece and you will see the list: https://www.hydroflow-usa.com/california-water-hardness
By Anzenix
235 ppm lol
By Intheswamp
Yeah, I think the RO system would do you good. Btw, that website I posted the link to looks pretty good...got (I think) all the states listed on it.

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Thanks all. The only place I didn’t think […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!