FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By olliesarea
Hi,
I recently ordered a Sharks tooth from Shropshire Carnivores, and yet again, They sent me another FREE plant, + a packet filled with mixed drosera seeds!
the free plant was a D.spatulata, which has already grown 2 leaves since It arrived. the sharks tooth is settling in fine. The D.binata that i transferred almost a week ago is dying back, but hopefully will pull through and begin to grow in a few weeks, what do you guys think? Also in the spattulata pic, is that a flower stem starting to grow? thanks!

Complete Collection:

Sharks Tooth:

Spatulata:

Seeds potted:
Last edited by olliesarea on Sat May 02, 2009 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NZL
The potted seeds seem a bit dry to me. I'd water them with a plant sprayer untill the soil is as black as in your other pots.

Nice plants indeed. Good to know you get quality at Shropshire :)
By olliesarea
NZL wrote:The potted seeds seem a bit dry to me. I'd water them with a plant sprayer untill the soil is as black as in your other pots.

Nice plants indeed. Good to know you get quality at Shropshire :)
I took the picture before i put water in the tray underneath, the potting mix has now darkened and in a few hours will be as moist as my other plants :)
I'll update the picture now...
By Duane
Looking good Ollie .
We try our very best to send out only plants we would be happy to recieve ourselves .
The reason we give away free plants is because when we started growing a few years ago we had freebies from other growers , so this is our way of giving something back .
Just wish we could do it to everyone .

Duane :D
By olliesarea
Duane wrote:Looking good Ollie .
We try our very best to send out only plants we would be happy to recieve ourselves .
The reason we give away free plants is because when we started growing a few years ago we had freebies from other growers , so this is our way of giving something back .
Just wish we could do it to everyone .

Duane :D
well, I'm sure i will be following the same steps as you in a few years. and all because i got free plants from you.
thanks,
Ollie

Please and thank you!

Argh! We have a run-off! For the next 24 hours, vo[…]

https://i.imgur.com/96fbvFf.jpeg

New donation, new location

I'd like to thank Aquis31 for his latest donation.[…]

New donation

I'd like to thank ChelleB1005 for her latest donat[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1654. I'll PM[…]

So I got myself two different N. ventricosa 'Porce[…]

Updated pictures I took today, it's been ~6-7 mont[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!