FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By savagegardener
IS NOW OUT OF PRINT! SO DONT BUY IT IF YOU SEE IT AT THE STORE!

I wrote runningpress an email about the kit and they said that they have been getting quite a few complaints like mine, so they decided to take it off the shelf! So they are sending me a free bonsai kit!
By savagegardener
now i know my seeds have no chance of germinating...

:( :( :( :(
By Adam
Maybe some of the members here can send you a leaf pulling until seeds are available. I'd do it but I'm in Canada and would have to get a permit to send that.
By Adam
Don't give up on seeds though. A couple of mine took over 2 months to germinate. Make sure they are warm and moist all the time.
By Devon
congrats on the bonsi kit...but I'm sorry about the seeds. Like Adam said, I would give you a pulling or something but...I'm in Canada and I only have one plant that isn't even mature!
By savagegardener
why would you have to get a permit to send me leaf pullings?
By Adam
it's why you get asked at the border if you have any plants or animals. Countries do not want to introduce pests or alien species. So you need a certified person to inspect the plant matter before shipping. Seeds are ok though.
By lemonlily
Well at least you have a bonsai, right? Better than nothing! Soon, you can a lot of free seeds and plant stalks and leaf pullings and stuff like that. What do you mean by "is now out of print?"
By Dystopia
D: I'm sorry about your seeds, but Bonsai Plants are really cool, too. Good luck getting a better Venus Flytrap and good luck raising your new little Bonsai. 8D
By Anna
Hmmm... I bought one the other day as an experiment, just to see what it was like. I admit I was shocked it came with a terra cotta planter. Anything I've read made mention that clay planters were bad for VFT's.

I'll still give the seeds a go, mine are in the three-week fridge period before they can be planted on May 14, and even so I don't expect to see anything start to happen until mid-July.

So I wonder if the seeds don't work, when I send in that card I'll get a bonsai, too?

I love seeing collections of carnivorous plants di[…]

Greatly appreciated as always. I've got a bunch o[…]

New donation, new location

https://y.yarn.co/f63d46fb-cb24-47ea-92a7-c1aeae3[…]

Please and thank you!

Argh! We have a run-off! For the next 24 hours, vo[…]

https://i.imgur.com/96fbvFf.jpeg

New donation

I'd like to thank ChelleB1005 for her latest donat[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1654. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!