FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Solarin
Best wishes to all who grow the most wonderful plant in the world. My name is Curtis and I live in northern California. I have been happily growing VFT's for 38 years. I can tell that I never get tiered of growing these marvels. I am fortunate that I can grow VFT's outside with little upkeep except watering. The Flytraps in my mini bog are 26 years of age and keep our yard free of pests. Happily their numbers keep growing each year. I look forward to chatting with my fellow growers.

Best regards,
Curtis
By Carl
Hi Curtis,

Welcome to FlyTrapCare forum, I guessing after 38 years these not a lot you can learn from here but I'm glad to see someone like you on the forum for your words of wisdom. :)

Carl
By Matt
Hello Curtis!

Welcome! It's great to have you on the forum here on FlyTrapCare. It sounds like you have a lot of experience with Venus Fly Traps. I hope that you stay around on the forum chatting and answering questions. I'm sure after so many years of growing VFTs, you have a lot of knowledge that could help out beginners.

Matt
By Solarin
Hello Carl and Matt,

Thank you for the warm wishes. Yes, I have been growing these wonderful plants for a long time. In the beginning, these plants were more of a jaw dropping wonderment, but now growing VFT is more of an inspiration and relaxing pass time. And the answer is “No, I never have grown tiered of growing them”. I am just happy that they are happy and continue to grow and multiply. I would like to take a few photos of my humble collection and post them next week for you to view. I have primarily grown the "typical" variety. Last year I was able to insert into the mix a "B52". It appears to be stunning plant. How can we not have fun with these jewels!

It’s nice to have people to chat about VFT's. I look forward to many fun discussions.

Best regards,
Curtis
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

just pm'ed you!

Catching the Nep fever

Surprisingly, I have never really put effort into […]

Hello from the California!

Wow! this forum has an amazing set up for seeds! I[…]

April 2024 Photo Contest - Stuck on You

Much thanks to Optique and what an incredible, hea[…]

Liberation from Lowe’s

Holy moly! Wait that division just happens natural[…]

A question: do sarracenia need intense light dow[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!