FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By 123 Flytraps Love Me
Ok, i fed my trap steak cause it wouldnt eat bugs..it ate the steak (Wich was stupid, i know im not suppose to feed it that) and the trap only turned black. Do i clip of the trap and it will grow again or do i just pluck the plant out of its pot?Thanks!!! :D
By Adam
Don't pluck the plant out of the pot! just snip off the trap... Please read all the articles on the main site of this forum www.flytrapcare.com
By Adam
No problem. Make sure you comeback to the forum for any further questions or clarification of the information in the articles!
By Matt
Adam has already addressed your questions, so I just wanted to drop in and say welcome to flytrapcare! Be sure to ask any questions you have as you're growing your plant. There are many knowledgeable and helpful growers here just waiting to answer your questions!
By Nickrober
I thought about feeding my trap (bugs not steak), but it grows pretty well in the window with direct sun and no bugs. When I have a chance on a warm sunny day I will put it outside and it catches quite a few bugs on its own pretty regularly. It doesn't need bugs, a few hours of direct sunlight will keep it plenty healthy. When the sun goes down I leave the florescent light on until I go to bed. I don't know if that really makes much of a difference photosynthesis wise, but it don't hurt. Good luck with your fly trap.

The three plants you listed, if pure, would very r[…]

I'm assuming you mean bonus Nepenthes? Order rece[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1660. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1659. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1658. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1657. I'll PM[…]

1 year old cape!

I would really be interested in getting some se[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1656. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!