FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Amac
So one of my Mom's palm tree is infested with fungus gnats I'm pretty sure. Now she's all about not getting fully into it so like insecticides and stuff untill it gets really bad. So she's trying out a recipe for natural insecticides on it. But if it's possible it's been making it worse. So I decided to put my D.spathulata next to the palm tree, plus the plant is like dominant in the pot it's like totally covering and the only way to get to the soil is through the leaves. my sundew is really doing a number on the gnat fly population in my house. But I want to know if it can get sick from so many gnat flies stuck on it. I"m pretty sure it's digesting them all too... and theres A LOT.
By manzano167
i think it will be fine, but if it has too many let it digeste for 3-4 days will help it and then put it back also i think it will cause it to flower
By kittyklaws
Well, overfeeding isn't really good for the plant. They only need to be fed once every 2 weeks or not at all.
But since all the fungus gnats are already stuck on and digesting, I don't really know of anything you can do about it. I'm sure your plant will recover afterwards, just give it some time. :) Good luck!
By EmzyT
hey, i read that sundews love to be fed regulary. Feeding them will greatly speed up growth and encourage flowering. However too many at once may overwhelm it. but if it really does have loads i agree mayb just give it a break for a few days and put him back! Good luck! Hope it flowers for you! :) x
By watnazn
I think this sundew will be very happy, its going to get very large. It should be fine.

Someone was asking, how do the gemmae themselves l[…]

Always nice when pings earn their keep. :lol: Ni[…]

S. purpurea?

Got this great little S. NoID from ChefDean a coup[…]

Finally

Those are beautiful! I’m wondering what kind[…]

Suggestion about plants

Thanks for the info. I dont get them from Greece, […]

Rain

Btw, if you have somewhere to put it, a 32-gallon […]

Too bad you moved away, you could come get these t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!