FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By NyctoNewts
White Ghost, a mutation tissue culture cultivar created by Araflora in the Netherlands produces some stunning white/pale colored pitchers and during different conditions will produce red veins. Highly sensitive to sunlight or high intensity growing lights, these grow best in shade or lower lighting as they are susceptible to burning to a crisp like no other Sarracenia. By far my favorite Sarracenia cultivar.
Attachments:
IMG_9881.jpeg
IMG_9881.jpeg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 1320 times
IMG_0757.jpeg
IMG_0757.jpeg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 1320 times
Jade, andynorth liked this
By NyctoNewts
Jade wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:21 am That’s absolutely gorgeous! Are these particularly difficult to come by?

They’re pretty rare in the United States as they were only imported a few times before Ararflora ceased US imports. I had a few of them that I sold off, but my main one pictured above is actually much bigger now and I’m expecting to get some divisions in the near future.
Jade liked this
By Jade
I saw one that was for sale in the US, but it looked like most Sarrs with the red/purple coloration. It didn’t look anything like yours. Is that partly due to grow lights? I need to get a better indoor setup for that. But I’m definitely interested in buying if you ever decide to sell divisions in the US :)
By NyctoNewts
Jade wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:22 pm I saw one that was for sale in the US, but it looked like most Sarrs with the red/purple coloration. It didn’t look anything like yours. Is that partly due to grow lights? I need to get a better indoor setup for that. But I’m definitely interested in buying if you ever decide to sell divisions in the US :)
I would say so. I’ve seen them with red veins throughout the pitchers as well. My main individual hasn’t had that as it starts off with that pure pale/white coloration and as the individual pitchers aged, they get a bit darker. The inner back lids may have a few red spots. I had originally started growing them beneath a high intensity grow tent light and it was shivering up crispy. Couldn’t handle it like my other purps. I then switched it to a lower intensity gooseneck light and it’s been happy ever since. It’s a great indoor or partial sun/shade grower. Sounds good!
I can reach out in the near future or save my eBay as I list most of my availability there.
https://www.ebay.com/usr/nyctonewts
Jade liked this
By NyctoNewts
DragonsEye wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:30 pm With so little chlorophyll, I imagine these are pretty slow growers.
It’s actually a bit of fast grower. It’s not variegated or anthocyanin free. They cluster pretty fast. I have several S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. venosa f. pallidiflora (AF) and those are by far my slowest growing Sarracenia.
By Jade
NyctoNewts wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:50 pm
Jade wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:22 pm I saw one that was for sale in the US, but it looked like most Sarrs with the red/purple coloration. It didn’t look anything like yours. Is that partly due to grow lights? I need to get a better indoor setup for that. But I’m definitely interested in buying if you ever decide to sell divisions in the US :)

I would say so. I’ve seen them with red veins throughout the pitchers as well. My main individual hasn’t had that as it starts off with that pure pale/white coloration and as the individual pitchers aged, they get a bit darker. The inner back lids may have a few red spots. I had originally started growing them beneath a high intensity grow tent light and it was shivering up crispy. Couldn’t handle it like my other purps. I then switched it to a lower intensity gooseneck light and it’s been happy ever since. It’s a great indoor or partial sun/shade grower. Sounds good!
I can reach out in the near future or save my eBay as I list most of my availability there.
These were pretty extremely red, but it would be neat to see the progression from your coloration to some of the regular coloration too. It’s one of the reasons why there are still a bunch of pings that I want to get. I have mine under a Sansei gooseneck that’s like 20w and it’s a vibrant pink. I assume yours is something with a little more wattage and blurple lights?

I’m definitely saving your Ebay, but you can always PM me too. My luck I would forget to look right when you were selling lol. :?
By NyctoNewts
Jade wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:01 pm
NyctoNewts wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:50 pm

These were pretty extremely red, but it would be neat to see the progression from your coloration to some of the regular coloration too. It’s one of the reasons why there are still a bunch of pings that I want to get. I have mine under a Sansei gooseneck that’s like 20w and it’s a vibrant pink. I assume yours is something with a little more wattage and blurple lights?

I’m definitely saving your Ebay, but you can always PM me too. My luck I would forget to look right when you were selling lol. :?
Once they’re turning really red, they start burning up and going crispy. I’ve managed to keep mine at that nice white/pale color. Your light should be perfect for it. Actually my gooseneck is full spectrum, not blue or purple lights. There’s 6 gooseneck light heads, 4 are full spectrum while the other two are a pinkish/red light. Sounds good! Appreciate that and I’ll make sure to reach out to you once I have a good sized division ready. My estimate would be around a month or two. It’s really gotten large.
Refrigerator Dormancy

Thanks for helping. I was fervently hoping I wasn'[…]

https://c.tenor.com/MQlPQ1NngeIAAAAC/tenor.gif

SYBAsoil carnivorous mix

Thank you, having done more research I am doing da[…]

Counting to infinity.

2530 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am located in zone 8, I can’t really recal[…]

Camden M’s grow list

woah where'd you get the lowii x truncata?

Request received. Your request number is 1839. I'l[…]

MikeB Too

Along with Shadowtski, MikeB also answered the cal[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!