FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By DragonsEye
Have you tried this type outside in full sun? Just curious as to whether or not the white traps can handle it or if they’d get fried instead.
By Panman
DragonsEye wrote:Have you tried this type outside in full sun? Just curious as to whether or not the white traps can handle it or if they’d get fried instead.
Like a ginger at the beach.
By NyctoNewts
DragonsEye wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:51 pm Have you tried this type outside in full sun? Just curious as to whether or not the white traps can handle it or if they’d get fried instead.
They can handle higher intensity growing lights and don’t burn. They will be outdoor growing soon and there shouldn’t be any burning as long as I acclimate them properly. The traps turn white when they are receiving stronger lighting.
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Really curious. I've occasionally seen cultivars like this where chlorophyll is absent but they seem pretty rare. Likely because it's a mutation that disadvantages the plant pretty badly, making them harder to easily spread among growers. At least all red cultivars still have their chlorophyll.
By NyctoNewts
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:40 am Really curious. I've occasionally seen cultivars like this where chlorophyll is absent but they seem pretty rare. Likely because it's a mutation that disadvantages the plant pretty badly, making them harder to easily spread among growers. At least all red cultivars still have their chlorophyll.

‘Ghost’ only turns white on the traps, the rest of the plant remains green. The inner trap actually turns red. This is by far my fastest growing Venus Flytrap and benefits greatly from strong lighting.
Refrigerator Dormancy

Thanks for helping. I was fervently hoping I wasn'[…]

https://c.tenor.com/MQlPQ1NngeIAAAAC/tenor.gif

SYBAsoil carnivorous mix

Thank you, having done more research I am doing da[…]

Counting to infinity.

2530 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am located in zone 8, I can’t really recal[…]

Camden M’s grow list

woah where'd you get the lowii x truncata?

Request received. Your request number is 1839. I'l[…]

MikeB Too

Along with Shadowtski, MikeB also answered the cal[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!