FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By cpgrower126
Hey all,
I’ll be going on vacation for 3 weeks this summer, and I was wondering if it was possible for my CP’s to survive this period of lack of water. I tried to see how long my plants could go without water, but my outdoor plants (vft’s, Sarrs, and some sundews) needed water right after one week. My neps and sundews on my window sill needed water after 1.5 weeks. My Nepenthes in my tank didn’t need water for more than 3 weeks. How do you guys care for your plants during vacation?
By MikeB
I volunteered my kids to water my plants while I was gone for a week. There's no way they would've survived if I relied on rainfall (spotty and unreliable).
By bay_area_botanicals
If you put the indoor plants in a humidity dome and place a tray of water underneath them, they should last 3 weeks. However, you will need to find someone for the outdoor ones. Try consolidating them into a single tray (if possible).
By Panman
While you are out of town, you might want to check in with whomever is watering your plants, especially if they are doing other things. I know of several people who had asked someone to care for the plants and they forgot.
Refrigerator Dormancy

Thanks for helping. I was fervently hoping I wasn'[…]

https://c.tenor.com/MQlPQ1NngeIAAAAC/tenor.gif

SYBAsoil carnivorous mix

Thank you, having done more research I am doing da[…]

Counting to infinity.

2530 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am located in zone 8, I can’t really recal[…]

Camden M’s grow list

woah where'd you get the lowii x truncata?

Request received. Your request number is 1839. I'l[…]

MikeB Too

Along with Shadowtski, MikeB also answered the cal[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!