FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
Does anyone else have a hard time getting their red flytraps to produce seed? Just about every one of my green flytraps that flowered have produced a copious amount of seeds. Out of 5 different flowering red cultivars, I got zero seeds. I even tried hand pollinating them, but the anthers never really seemed to ripen and the stigma did not become receptive.
By MikeB
My red flytraps produce about half as many flowers as my green plants. Their seed production is low too, but it isn't zero. Are you seeing this with any particular cultivars or all red plants in general?
By MikeB
I just checked my plants, and the first seeds are ripening now. So far, nothing from the red flytraps, although many of them appear to have good seedpods.
Panman liked this
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
I haven't really noticed this, but I think the general climate and my luck with pollinating left a lot of empty pods on the green plants. My Maroon Monster plants have had some duds too, but when they hit, their pods have yielded up to 20 or so seeds on my plants. That still may be a small count though, as none of the pods I get ever really look like the big sunflower like ones seen in a lot of pictures.
Refrigerator Dormancy

Thanks for helping. I was fervently hoping I wasn'[…]

https://c.tenor.com/MQlPQ1NngeIAAAAC/tenor.gif

SYBAsoil carnivorous mix

Thank you, having done more research I am doing da[…]

Counting to infinity.

2530 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am located in zone 8, I can’t really recal[…]

Camden M’s grow list

woah where'd you get the lowii x truncata?

Request received. Your request number is 1839. I'l[…]

MikeB Too

Along with Shadowtski, MikeB also answered the cal[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!