FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By ramiroflores
Hi everybody,

My name is Ramiro, I'm 31 years old, I'm new here I've wanted one for a while now, maybe a Venus flytrap but I've never had any luck with them before, can someone give me one? Do I know where to buy cheap online and have any professional advice? Or if you have any other plant recommendations.

Can isopods be fed to plants?
By Shadowtski
Welcome to the Forum.
Matt has put up some good How-To pages that cover the big 4: Light, Water, Media, and Dormancy.
You can find them at www.flytrapcare.com
Matt also runs the Flytrap Store, where he sells high quality VFTs and other carnivores.
Browse around the posts in this forum, you'll find a lot of good information and helpful people.
There is also a community seedbank if you want to grow Carnivorous Plants from seed, but admittedly this can be a bigger challenge than starting with a healthy adult plant.
Good Growing to you.
By Jade
Hello and welcome. Good luck choosing a plant :)
By Panman
I agree with Shadowtski. Read the information at FlytrapCare.com. If you decide that you can provide what it needs, order a "classic", also known as typical, flytrap from FlytrapStore.com. You can get one potted in the right pot and mix for around $20. You can certainly find them at big box stores and nurseries, but generally they will be doomed before they ever get started. If you get one from Matt, you can be sure that it is a strong plant and off to a good start. https://www.flytrapcare.com/store/venus-fly-trap
Refrigerator Dormancy

Thanks for helping. I was fervently hoping I wasn'[…]

https://c.tenor.com/MQlPQ1NngeIAAAAC/tenor.gif

SYBAsoil carnivorous mix

Thank you, having done more research I am doing da[…]

Counting to infinity.

2530 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am located in zone 8, I can’t really recal[…]

Camden M’s grow list

woah where'd you get the lowii x truncata?

Request received. Your request number is 1839. I'l[…]

MikeB Too

Along with Shadowtski, MikeB also answered the cal[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!